Easy Buddha Bowl
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 45 minutes
By Vicki Brett-Gach
Vicki is Forks Over Knives Plant-Based Certified, and is a chef with the Plant Based Nutrition Support Group team.
- 1-2 cups fresh salad greens-red romaine, baby spinach, baby kale, radicchio, etc
- 1-2 cups variety of raw or steamed chopped veggies-carrots, celery, zucchini, bell peppers, broccoli, etc
- 1/2-1 cup cooked whole grain and/or starchy veggie-brown rice, quinoa, butternut squash, corn
- 1/2 cup cooked beans-black beans, chickpeas, edamame, hummus, tofu, tempeh, etc
- garnish fresh herbs, dried fruit, olives, diced dill pickles, raw nuts
- dressing-splash of salsa, flavored vinegar, fresh-squeezed citrus juice
Place a bed of fresh greens at the bottom of your bowl.
Over the greens, place next to one other, just like friendly neighbors, the other vegetables, along with grains and beans.
Garnish with your choice of herbs, dried fruit, nuts, etc. Dress as desired.
Enjoy your creation.