Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 pound soba noodles
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
Place garlic, ginger, red pepper, carrots and broccoli in a wok or large pan with the 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and green onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare the soba noodles according to package directions. Drain. Toss with the remaining soy sauce. Set aside.
Mix cornstarch with water. Add to vegetable mixture, cook and stir until thickened. Pour over soba noodles and mix well. Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate and serve cold.
Variation: Add baby corn, snow peas, or both when you add the mushrooms and green onions.