Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 12 minutes Chill: 1-2 hours
Serves:Makes 2 cups
From The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss. Use as a dip for raw vegetables, or as a dip or spread for rice cakes.
- 1 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup leek, washed and chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried crumbled sage
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp prepared horseradish (optional)
- fresh lemon juice to taste (optional)
Place the mushrooms, leek, and garlic in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Saute for 2 minutes until the vegetables soften slightly. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. (Add a little more water if necessary to keep the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.) Remove from heat. Place in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Chill before serving.