Summer Rolls With Spicy Peanut Tofu
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
By Vicki Brett-Gach
Vicki is a graduate of Dr. McDougall's Starch Solution Certification Course. She is also Forks Over Knives Plant-Based Certified, and a chef with the Plant Based Nutrition Support Group (PBNSG.org) team.
- 2 brown rice spring roll wrappers
- 2/3 cup fresh spinach leaves or other salad greens
- 1 medium carrot, trimmed, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2-inch wedge English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup Spicy Peanut Tofu (see recipe below)
- Spicy Peanut Tofu:
- 1 package extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup Cholula Hot Sauce (or equivalent, to taste)
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Follow package directions to prepare rice paper wrap, carefully holding (one at a time) under a running faucet to get wet, then placing it on a plate. Working quickly, place spinach leaves evenly over the top, leaving a border of an inch for wrapping. Add other vegetables in a line across the center. Top with Spicy Peanut Tofu. Gently roll tightly from one side to the other, carefully tucking in the ends as you go, just like a burrito.
To slice, cut the summer roll into halves and serve.
Spicy Peanut Tofu:
Heat a large wok or skillet, and add tofu to the pan. Brown slightly, stirring occasionally. If needed, add a little water to prevent sticking to the pan. Sprinkle with Bragg's Liquid Aminos and hot sauce. Continue to cook until slightly browned. Add peanut butter and balsamic vinegar, and continue cooking until golden and crispy. Turn off heat and set aside.