- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh dill weed, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- several dashes Tabasco sauce
Mix brown rice, corn, tomato, green pepper, green onions, olives and dill weed in a large bowl.
Place the mustard in a small jar. Add 1 tablespoon water and mix until it is smooth. Add remaining water, vinegar, soy sauce and Tabasco. Mix well. Pour over salad. Toss well to mix.
RECIPE HINT: Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving for best flavor. If you're in a rush, it may also be served soon after mixing. This has been a favorite salad of ours for years. It is wonderful to take to a picnic or potluck because everyone loves it.