Cabbage Salad with Mustard-Lime Dressing
Prep: 20 minutes
By Cathy Fisher
This salad always gets rave reviews in my classes. The beans and thinly sliced cabbage create a hearty salad, and the dressing is simple yet flavorful.
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 15 ounce can cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 to 3 limes)
- 2 tbsp mustard (I like Dijon or stoneground)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
Add all salad ingredients-cabbage, carrots, beans, bell pepper, cucumber, celery, green onions, basil, and avocado (if using)-to a large bowl.
Blend the dressing ingredients in a blender. Stir the dressing into the bowl of salad ingredients.
Notes: Substitute 1 cup of green cabbage with 1 cup of red cabbage to create an even more colorful salad.