Spicy Red Hummus
Prep: 10 minutes Chill: 1 hour
Serves:Makes about 2 cups
This is a delicious, but spicy, red bell pepper hummus. It has no added tahini or oil, so it is very low in fat, but the flavors just burst in your mouth. Serve as a spread in a wrap or as a dip for baked pita triangles.
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- several twists freshly ground pepper
- dash salt
- 1 tbsp water
Place all the ingredients except the water in a food processor and process until quite smooth. Add the water while processing and continue to process until mixture is very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour to blend flavors.