- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 14.5 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- freshly ground pepper
Place the water and quinoa in a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes, until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the vegetables, beans, parsley and mint. Add the cooked quinoa and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well to mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.