Prep: 30 minutes Chill 4 hours or more
This is a delicious summertime salad. Make this a day before you plan to serve it to allow flavors to blend.
- 6 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup tofu mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- dash salt
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the tofu mayo and mustard and mix well. Add the seasonings and stir to combine. Set aside.
Add the chopped vegetables to the cooked macaroni, mix and add the mayo mixture. Toss gently to combine. Refrigerate before serving.
Hints: Use other vegetables as desired in this salad. Small broccoli florets are a nice addition. A recipe for tofu mayonnaise can be found here at McDougall Mobile Cookbook or Nasoya makes a fat free mayonnaise that may also be used in this recipe. It can be found in most natural food stores.