Prep: 10 minutes
Serves:Makes about 1 1/4 cups
This tapenade makes a wonderfully flavorful sandwich spread. It's also a wonderful dip with crackers or baked pita chips for parties.
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 small clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 3 tbsp water
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Pop the garlic through the feed tube of a food processor and process until minced. Add the rest of the ingredients all at once and pulse until nearly smooth, yet still has some texture.