Prep: 5 minutes (cooked rice needed) Cook: 10 minutes
Once again I am back to our favorite one dish quick meal. However, I have changed it for the better, I think, so I invite you to give it another go and see what you think.
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Sambal chili paste
- 1-2 tsp salt-free seasoning mixture
- 10 ounce bag frozen shelled edamame
- 10 oune bag cabbage, shredded
- 10 ounce bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
Place the broth, soy sauce, sambal oelek and seasoning mixture in a large non-stick saute pan and mix well. Add the edamame and cabbage, cook stirring frequently for about 4 minutes. Add the corn and continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in the rice and tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
Hint: I used to make this with frozen lima beans, but since lima beans are not a favorite for most people, I tried it with soybeans (edamame) and now my grandsons even like it! If you would like this to be more rice based, just add another 2 cups of rice to the final mixture. And add more fresh tomatoes if you have them in your garden. Top with Sriracha hot sauce for more heat.