Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces whole wheat or brown rice linguine or spaghetti
- 15 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes, chopped
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounce can green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
Place a large pot of water on to boil.
Combine the tomatoes, kidney beans, green chilies, chili powder, paprika, cumin and oregano in a bowl and set aside.
Place the water and sherry in a large non-stick saute pan. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until tender.
Add the tomato mixture to the onions and mushrooms and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture, cook and stir until thickened.
Drain the pasta and place in a bowl. Pour the tomato-vegetable mixture over the pasta and toss gently to mix.