Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
This is one of my favorite hearty vegetable dishes. There are so many delicious vegetables in this dish that I always feel healthier just eating it!
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced into rings
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Napa cabbage, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups packed chopped spinach
- 2-15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- hot sauce to taste
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Place the onion, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic in a large pot with the vegetable broth or water. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables soften slightly, about 4-5 minutes. Add the green onions, cabbage, soy sauce, chili powder and basil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the cilantro, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and serve at once.
Hint: This is delicious in a bowl with some fresh bread, or try it over baked potatoes or rolled up in a tortilla.