Sweet and Spicy Soba Noodle Stir-Fry
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
By Heather McDougall
Heather makes this delicious, yet easy to prepare, dish often for her family.
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20 ounce package firm tofu, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups chopped vegetables of your choice (carrots, broccoli, red cabbage, snow peas)
- 12 ounces cooked soba noodles, cut into 2-inch pieces
- sesame seeds, toasted (garnish, optional)
Mix first 5 ingredients together and toss with tofu and onions. Set aside. In a wok, on medium-high heat, add tofu and onion mixture with marinade. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add vegetables and stir-fry for another 10 minutes. Turn off wok and add noodles. Stir to combine. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Hint: Cooked buckwheat soba noodles are available in some markets and natural food stores. These are a real time-saver if you can find them. If they are unavailable, use dry buckwheat soba noodles, about 6 ounces, and cook according to package directions.