Mexican Potato Salad
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- freshly ground black pepper
Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and cook for 30 minutes, or until just tender. (Don't let them get too soft). Remove from the heat, drain, and place in a large bowl. Add the corn, tomato, and green onions. Combine the salsa and lime juice. Pour over the salad and mix well. Add the cilantro or parsley and a few twists of pepper. Mix gently and serve at once.
Variation: This salad can also be chilled before serving, and it is just as good the next day, so I always make lots of it.