Lentil Vegetable Soup
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 2 hours
By Heather McDougall
This lentil vegetable soup is a favorite of my boys and so easy to make. I think one of the reasons they like it, is because I chop all of the vegetables really small. And, like most of the soups I make, if you don't have an ingredient, such as carrot or spinach, leave it out or substitute another favorite ingredient.
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 6 small white potatoes, finely chopped
- 16 ounce bag brown lentils
- 15.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
- 8 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1-2 cups finely chopped spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients, except the spinach, and cook on low for 2 hours. Add the spinach about 5 minutes before the soup is done. Season to taste with salt and pepper.