Tricolor Bean Salad
Prep: 15 minutes Chill: 1 hour
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp canned chopped green chilies
- 1 cup Mexican salsa, mild or medium
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
Combine beans, onions, celery, tomatoes and chilies in a large bowl. Place the salsa in a small bowl or jar. Add the lime juice and chili powder. Mix well.
Pour the salsa mixture over beans. Toss to mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
HINT: Use different kinds of beans to vary the taste of this delicious salad.