Prep: 15 minutes
Serves:Makes 2 cups
Use as a topping for burritos or other Mexican-style food, or serve as a dip for Oven-Baked Tortilla Chips or raw vegetables.
- 2 cups tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup canned, diced green chilies
- 1/4-1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- pinch or two cayenne (optional)
Combine all of the ingredients, except the cayenne, in a small bowl and mix well. Taste. Add cayenne if your taste buds permit.
Note: This will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week.