Prep: 30 minutes
By Cathy Fisher
In addition to beans, this salad contains corn, green peas, and red onion. The dressing is tangy and mildly spicy due to the cumin, garlic, and mustard. This is a colorful, hearty salad perfect for any of the three P's: potlucks, parties, and picnics
- 2 15 ounce cans cooked green beans, drained
- 3 cups fresh cut into 1-inch pieces and boiled until tender
- 15 ounce can cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can cooked kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked green peas (rinse and thaw first if frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups raw or cooked corn kernels (rinse and thaw first if frozen)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (including seeds)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Stir the dressing into the bowl of salad ingredients.
Notes: A little finely chopped fresh parsley or basil is also nice in this salad. If you're feeling decadent, add 1/2 to 1 avocado, chopped.