Quinoa Market Salad
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Chill: 2 hours
Make this with the wide variety of fresh peppers, zucchini and tomatoes available at markets all over the country at this time of year.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 14.5 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- several dashes Tabasco sauce
Place the water and quinoa in a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes, until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the vegetables, beans, parsley, cilantro and mint. Add the cooked quinoa and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well to mix.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.