New Potato Salad
Prep: 30 minutes Cook: 45 minutes
Another of our favorite summer salads. Use any of your favorite oil-free dressings, or try this with the Tofu-Garlic Dressing or Curried Tofu Dip (recipes in Dressings and Dips & Spreads).
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, cut in half or quartered
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10-12 red or white salad potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked green beans
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped pimiento
- 3/4 cup oil free salad dressing
Combine mushrooms with lemon juice. Toss to coat well. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Sprinkle with some paprika, if desired.
HELPFUL HINTS: The potatoes may be cooked either with their skins on or without, depending on your preference. Other beans or vegetables may be substituted for the ones suggested above.