Prep: 20 minutes
Serves:6 as a side dish
Most coleslaw recipes are made with a creamy dressing, usually oil-based, but not here. For a creamy texture, I suggest using cashews in this recipe, but you may also make it without any nuts at all, and it's still delicious!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Dijon or stoneground mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup raw, unsalted cashews (about 2 ounces), optional
- 3 cups green cabbage, chopped (like cabbage confetti)
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped (like cabbage confetti)
- 1 3/4 cups carrots, grated
- 1 1/2 cups apple (skin on), diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
Place all of the dressing ingredients into a blender and set aside.
Combine the remaining ingredients (cabbage, carrots, apple, raisins, and onion) in a large bowl.
Blend the dressing ingredients until smooth, and pour into the bowl of vegetables and fruit, mixing thoroughly with a spoon. Serve immediately or chill for at least one hour first to allow flavors to blend.