Yukon Stuffed Peppers
Prep: 45 minutes Cook: 50 minuts
This may be made with different colored peppers to enhance the visual appeal, if you choose.
- 6 medium-sized bell peppers
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- several twists fresh ground pepper
- dash salt
Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and tops. Steam over boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Meanwhile, cook potatoes and garlic in water to cover, until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain. Mash potatoes with non-dairy milk. Stir in onions, corn, pepper and salt. Mound into pepper halves.
Bake for 20 minutes.