Macro Bowl with Ginger Miso Dressing
Prep: 25 minutes (cooked rice needed) Cook: 30-45 minutes
By Tiffany Hobson
The clean and simple flavors of Japanese cooking inspired this recipe.
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 6-10 potatoes (fingerling, new or blue potatoes work well), chopped
- 2 yams, peeled and chopped
- 6-8 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 15 ounce can white beans (butter, cannellini, or garbanzos), drained and rinsed
- 2 bunches kale, stripped from its vein and chopped
- 1 package extra firm tofu, sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Clean the root vegetables and chop into bite size pieces. Place vegetables on a baking sheet (you may want to use parchment paper for easier clean up) and cook for 30-40 minutes. When you can easily pierce the vegetables with a fork, they are done. Remove from oven and set aside.
While the root vegetables are cooking, steam kale over boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove from steaming basket, place kale in a colander, rinse with cold water and allow to drain. Add the beans to the steamer basket and warm them for 5 minutes. Remove from steaming basket, rinse with cold water and drain. To prepare tofu, place sliced tofu in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook the tofu dry (adding no liquid to the pan) for 5-9 minutes on each side. The tofu should have a nice golden brown color. Remove from pan and cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
The Ginger Miso Dressing recipe can be found in Dressings.