Asian Noodles and Vegetables
Prep: 30 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
- 8 ounces linguini or spaghetti or 14 ounces rice noodles
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp (or to taste) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 leek, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 5 ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
Put a large pot of water on to boil. Drop in the uncooked noodles of your choice and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth in a large saute pan or wok. Add the soy sauce (1 tbsp or to taste), the garlic and ginger and heat to boiling. Stir in the carrot and celery and cook for 3 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
Mix the remaining vegetable broth together with the cornstarch. Add to the vegetable mixture while stirring, and cook and stir until thickened. Pour the vegetable mixture over the pasta and toss well to mix. Serve at once.