Chunky Vegetable Salad
Prep: 30 minutes Chill: 2-4 hours
From The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss.
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup yellow crookneck squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dill weed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup oil-free Italian dressing or another of your choice
Combine all the ingredients in a large container with a cover. Shake well to mix. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend; shake several times while chilling. This salad will keep for several days in the refrigerator.