Balsamic Strawberry Dressing
Prep: 5 minutes
Serves:Makes about 1 cup
By Jill Nussinow
Jill says some people don't like the combination of fruit and vegetables but I find the flavor of the sweet, tangy and bitter light and delicious. If you want a bit more flavor contrast, add a few chopped salty olives or capers.
- 3/4 - 1 cup raspberries or strawberries
- 2 tbsp raspberry or other fruit vinegar
- 1 tbsp regular or golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp water, broth, or oil substitute for salad dressing
- 2 tsp agave or other sweetener
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
This dressing will keep in the refrigerator for several days. Serve this over a salad of baby lettuces mixed with arugula and topped with avocado, onions, vegetables, sunflower seeds and summer fruit, for a very satisfying summer meal.