Standard medical practice is simply not effective enough for most of the common ailments suffered by Americans today. Nevertheless, Dr. McDougall encourages you to carefully evaluate each kind of therapy recommended to you, including his own, according to its own merits. If you’re considering any kind of treatment, be it surgery, medication, or something less invasive, weigh these factors:
- The potential benefits from the treatment
- The possible risks, side effects, and after effects of the treatment
- The consequences, or the merits, of doing nothing
- The alternatives to the recommended therapy
- The comparable costs in effort, time, and money of each approach
Select a common health problem from the menu to learn more about it.