Flabby's Exercise Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Flabby's Exercise Journal

Postby Matcha » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:49 pm

Hi Stephanie :)

-----------------------

Eating out with others has always been a challenge. Tonight they want to go out for pizza. one friend is diabetic, the other friend, a MD, has a hole in his head but he's going to be mended next week. He wears a protective helmet. the MD picked the place and the diabetic could be no happier. chubby hubby loves pizza too. i'm sure, one of the topic of conversation will be diet as the diabetic has expressed interest in losing visceral fat. he thinks in order to be skinny, one has to exercise a lot. all the women are slender with partner who are not. it's sort of funny.

today's exercise goal

1 exercise video
2. one walk
3. kettle bells
4 total gym
5 pull ups
6 tricep dips
7. one set variety with dumbbells
8. core exercise
9 push ups
Matcha

Postby Matcha » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:02 pm

last night wasn't so bad because they decided to go to a different place. i didn't eat anything. it feels good that this group doesn't question why i don't eat.

today's exercise goal

1. 8000 steps
2. circuit workout
3 weighted vest
Matcha

Postby Matcha » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:24 am

ate out healthy yesterday with daughter and going out today with siblings, gonna not be so healthy. i hope not to overeat.

last night i watched a few PT youtube videos and did some of the recommendations. felt better this morning. my self care takes lots of time. i wish it didn't.

today exercise goal
circuit train
stairs
Matcha

Postby Matcha » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:54 am

112.25 pounds, 106 and fit.

Another eating challenge today. We are meeting daughter for lunch today. She wants to eat Thai food. My body doesn't like rice and noodles. Eating with others will always be challenging for me. I mostly eat alone. i really enjoy seeing people and it always ends up with lunch.

Today's exercise goals

dumbbells
stairs 15 min x 2
legs
Matcha

Postby Matcha » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:51 pm

I usually stop exercising if I have body pain. I guess it's senior pain though I am not that old. Yesterday my eye doctor told me I have peripheral drusen. I think it's only in one eye. I need to eat more green, yellow, orange, maybe a bit of sardine and wear sunglasses when outside.

My quiet mouse hubby has high blood pressure that's all over the place has severe sleep apnea. He hasn't changed his diet at all. He has eye floaters which I don't think is as bad as having drusen. At least he cooks his own meat.

I don't have grandchildren yet but I need to focus on my health no matter how lonely it can be to to walk the healthy path.

Today I am gonna concentrate on strength training. I haven't exercised for a while and lost my ability to do one chin up and one pull up. I'm curious how long will it take for my strength to return. I can expect to be sore like hell tomorrow.
Matcha

Postby Ejeff » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:48 am

Matcha, good for you to just keep at it even though at times you feel like you are doing it all alone. I am in the same boat as you, my spouse is not health focused. He prepares his own food. I don’t really think there is such a thing as senior pains. :-)

I recently became a grandparent and I can tell you it’s really wonderful to be able to easily get down on the floor and play with him and to have energy to chase him around.

You got this, we (all of us that believe in a healthy diet and fitness), are here to support and encourage you. In the past your exercise commitment has inspired me to do better. I’m 60 and I feel much younger. I’m totally convinced that would not be the case if I was still consuming the SAD diet.

Hope you aren’t too sore after your workout.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Matcha » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:55 pm

i've gained a few pounds and haven't been good about exercise.

today's exercise goal Tuesday 12/19/23

total gym
dumbbells
floor exercise
stationary bike

Husband finally started high blood pressure medication this month and it brought it down to healthy numbers very quickly. He's happy. Last week he came home excited after viewing Youtube video by Autumn Bates. He has trouble losing belly fat and he said he just didn't feel satisfied eating what I cook. He only eats dinner at home and he likes to shop for his own food to take to his office.

He love to eat meats, cheese, and bread. the green light to eat it till satiety, cut carbs, and no snacking made sense to him. Like Dr. McDougall have said, "People love to hear good news about their bad habits."

I have been afraid for him because he's an old 64, not young and lively for his age. It will be interesting for me to see how it works for him.
Matcha

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:50 am

Hi Matcha! :-D

Good to see you back journalling!

How is the exercise going??? Are you still doing the chin ups? I have finally gotten myself into a strength training groove and liking it!

Happy holidays!!
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Matcha » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:21 pm

Hi Stephanie,

I lost my strength to do a full chin-up, need to get it back.

I think it's just me but my body doesn't feel like 20 years ago. i'm not that old and at a good weight. I imagine people who have always exercised feel just like they did when they were younger . i have muscle imbalance and i can feel it. i love using my foam roller. I can easily crack my spine. My doctor told me not to worry about it.

I really like using my vibration platform. i haven't had it for a long time but i think it helps with with soreness and it is suppose to help with osteoporosis prevention.

today was easy exercise. tomorrow i plan to do a resistance training for 45 minutes.

Husband thinks he might need knee surgery in the future. I think he might need hip and knee surgery. He used to tell me diet doesn't matter. I stretch almost daily and he used to say he doesn't need to stretch as long as he is functional.
Matcha

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals