A Beneficial Online Course for Everyone
Successful completion of this course certifies that you’ve learned the basic principles behind the McDougall Diet – a clinically proven means of weight management that can reverse or prevent many common illnesses, all by simply altering your food. As experience is always the best teacher, this program is first and foremost designed to get you looking and feeling your best. Having achieved that goal, The Starch Solution Certification Course will help the Healthcare professional better assist your patients and the non-healthcare professional with their clients. Certification qualifies you to display the official Starch Solution Logo at your business and on your website, and establishes your credibility as a knowledgeable graduate of The Starch Solution who understands how this diet relates to optimum health.
Take Classes Online at Your Own Pace
The national best-selling book, The Starch Solution, combined with 19 video lectures (also made available in audio-only format) makes learning about human nutrition and the dietary treatment of common illnesses easy and enjoyable. The testing aspect of the certification program also serves as a valuable learning tool by helping you focus on the critical facts and important principles.
Earn 35 CEU Credits
The McDougall Program is a Continuing Education Provider (CEP 15494) for the California State Board of Nursing. The 35 CEUs awarded for the successful completion of this course may also apply to other disciplines (such as dietitians) – please check with your licensing board. Apply for a CEU certification before taking the course by sending your request to TSSCC@drmcdougall.com. Currently CME credits for physicians are not available.
Student Discount Available for Healthcare Fields
A substantial discount is available for currently enrolled students in a field of professional healthcare training (medical, dietetic, chiropractor, nursing, etc.) from an accredited institution. Apply for a student discount by writing to TSSCC@drmcdougall.com. Include proof of student status, such as an unofficial copy of your current transcript and/or an official letter from your school stating you are a current student in good standing.
- Lesson 1 – Acknowledgements and Note to Reader
- Lesson 2 – My personal Journey to the Starch Solution
- Lesson 3 – Starch: The Traditional Diet of People – part 1
- Lesson 4 – Starch: The Traditional Diet of People – part 2
- Lesson 5 – People Passionate about Starches Are Healthy and Beautiful
- Lesson 6 – Five Major Poisons Found in Animal Foods
- Lesson 7 – Spontaneous Healing on a Starch-Based Diet
- Lesson 8 – The USDA and the Politics of Starch
- Lesson 9 – An Inconvenient Truth: We Are Eating the Planet to Death
- Lesson 10 – When Friends Ask: Where Do You Get Your Protein?
- Lesson 11 – When Friends Ask: Where Do You Get Your Calcium?
- Lesson 12 – Confessions of a Fish Killer
- Lesson 13 – The Fat Vegan
- Lesson 14 – Just to Be On the Safe Side: Don’t Take Supplements
- Lesson 15 – Salt and Sugar: The Scapegoats of the Western Diet
- Lesson 16 – Practicing the Starch Solution
- Lesson 17 – The 7-Day Sure-Start Plan
- Lesson 18 – Our Favorite Recipes–McDougall Made Easy
- Lesson 19 – Our Favorite Recipes–McDougall Made Irresistible