Anna's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Anna's Journal

Postby Anna Green » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:27 am

Buns, that sounds delightful! How are those knees? I'll have to hit your journal and find out.

One thing I am doing is listening to the folks who say perfectionism is our enemy...or Chef AJ's majoring in minor things. So I ate late (between 7p and 9p) a couple of times in the past couple of weeks and had me some scrambled tofu this morn with mashed potatoes and Ezekiel bread. When I'm in my perfectionist mode I would feel like a failure though I don't eat tofu often. This would lead to giving up. So, I remember in the past where I tried to convince myself to listen to Dr. McDougall when he said for weight loss we could do Max weight loss program and then cheat with regular. I think looking over the years that when I adhere to this notion of success I always do better. So this is where I'm at. Trying to do this. And when I go off the rails a bit like eating those vegan cookies I made for the church caroling I say....no need to engage in a bunch of drama and self loathing because I really am not a sweets person and won't continue this and I just go on back to my eating the good stuff. I feel accomplished...like after all these years I have figured something out though I think many times in my journal I have said similar, this time feels like i believe it more. Maybe all that therapy I've been doing is helping. Or maybe I'm just too dang old to keep up the same crap. Anyway, I feel good and grateful that I have access to all this good food. Plan to have some oats and broc for lunch or whenever I get hungry and perhaps a big bowl of kale and mango salad. I may make some mung bean soup for the next few days.
Anna Green

Postby Anna Green » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:25 am

So these holidays are no match for me. My weapon is the Esselstyn women. Making some delish looking recipes. Also making my own 7 layer dip. I'm excited but I have a calm food brain. It's so nice. Just ate some broccoli with balsamic on top and a tiny bit of salt. Feel like I had a treat. I love this space I'm in. And I am grateful for all the health gurus starting with the McDougalls. I'm blessed.
Anna Green

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:31 pm

Hi Anna!! :-D

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a Happy Holiday season!!! Your food sounds delicious!!

Take care,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Anna Green » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Stephanie, hope you enjoyed your Holidays!

I came to document my success. I'm doing well with a calm brain and gratitude for this healing delish food. I'm especially pleased with myself because mom's in the hospital and my bro too. They are both getting better I say cautiously. In the past I would be eating crap because this is hard. But I'm finding time to make simple but very satisfying meals. Today is speckled butter beans and greens, sweet potato and a ton of cooked and raw veggies.. Earlier it was tofu and quinoa millet mix. All is good.
Anna Green

Postby Anna Green » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:10 pm

Still doing well. Not perfect but no off the rails craziness. I'm loving my food. Have been eating a good balance of veggies and starch. It makes me feel good. Going back to work next week so I won't be cooking as much. Have been thinking about some quick meals to make things easier. Really it's no big thing. I know how to put a McDougall soup over a potato and enjoy it. I know how to make big pots of stuff on the weekend. That's really all I got.

I
Anna Green

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:01 am

Hi Anna! :-D

YAY!!! So glad that you are loving your food --- me too!! Pretty awesome, yay?

Wishing you well with going back to work. Sounds like you have a great plan for food. OMG --- I am pretty happy with McD Split Pea or Black Bean soup over a potato... throw in an apple or something... Yum!!!

Best,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals