Circle of Friends

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Circle of Friends

Postby Rosey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:28 am

Love all the pictures you guys put up. Looking great.

Today was pretty good. exercised and weeded garden and went out to Cars 2 with hubby. I had a lemonade and he had a soda but no other goodies. Before that we went to home town and I had a big salad though I had mashed taters with corn that I shouldn't of. Of course my body is telling me about it.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:38 am

HI again, Hope you all had a great weekend, and did something special, somehow, made it special.
DH was in the mood for G'Burg, and this year it is the 148th anniversary of the Battle of G'Burg, talk about a crowded time to go there. But off we went anyway, with Eric who really loved it too.
this s Little round Top from a distance away,

the re-enactors from both the Union and the confederate side all forgiving and greeting each other, after the Confederate guys walked the mile across to commemorate Pickett's Charge. What a hot hot day to have done this too.

A view off of Devil's Den, where the rocks and crevices were big enough to hide a shooter!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:26 am

I'm feeling 95% recovered and thinking that it was really just a stomach flu. Back on course this morning with my oatmeal and fresh strawberries for breakfast and an early morning walk for Bear...already it is hot out! It's been about 105 lately...whew!!!

Carollynne, thanks so much for sharing pictures with us...what a treat!! Wow, the area you live in is so so beautiful, and you look so good and so healthy! You have a beautiful family!

Happy 4th of July!! :D
LoriJenny

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 am

:)What a really great thread...may I please join :?: I love Carollynne's pics and hope to learn how myself....will try the tinypic site.
Happy Holiday to all...be safe :nod:
Gypsy

Postby carollynne » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:08 am

Lori, thanks for saying all of that to me. I still feel very overwt and out of sorts at times, due to stiffness, but getting so much better too. Hate to even mention it.
Hot here too today. But not up to 105!! jeez, that is too hot for me...
www.tinypic.com seems to work out well, I had to go to edit and change the size of the pic, under resize, down to large or med, otherwise it is way hug, and you can see all my bulges and wrinkles and oh well, right, nice to get older and wiser in the WOE
Cooking up some of these heirloom collards right now, with a can of no salt added diced tomatoes and some navy beans I had cooked up earlier last week.....
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby carollynne » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:14 am

Here is one more pic of me in G'Burg, Eric took this and I will say I wanted to show the style of fencing they did back then, but the tummy bulges have told me to really get serious, or else throw out that new $3 tee shirt !! But I do love my new sun visor hat from the visitor's center there.

carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 am

I love the pics!! They are so fun! Carollynne, I think we are always hardest on ourselves, you look look just great, and happy, and healthy, and wow...all that green scenery is wonderful...and those flowers!

Gypsy...Welcome!! :)

I'm eating my mid morning cut vegies with some no fat added hummus...it is so expensive or I would eat more of it!!

I was trying the tinypic thing, and felt like I followed all the directions, but that code was all that showed up in my post. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Oh, it has to be the code that is for images on a website or a board, I think it is the middle one. You are right, the others will not work at all to an image. Look for the one that says img at the begining and end of the long colde. Plus you can resize the photo under edit, and I choose the medium or large size. Otherwise it will come out giant size!!
carollynne

Postby Rosey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:19 pm

The blonde me is at my heaviest when I used to totally bleach my poor hair. and the other is me now with my natural color of hair. I still got a long ways to go but looking lots better.
Rosey

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:29 pm

This was two years ago...not sure weight, but not my heaviest which was Jan 1 2011 at 232 :oops:
DH died 7 years ago (2004) and I had pretty much given up. So glad I found this forum and all you good friends. :nod: Thanks for all your support. :nod:
He loved to fish on Reelfoot Lake and the ticker reminds me of him. He was such a sweetie. :nod:
Gypsy

Postby LoriJenny » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm so glad to see the pics going up...it's so fun to put some faces to the names :) Rosey...wow what a difference, not only thinner, but so much healthier looking!! Gypsy...so great to see your sweet smile!! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear husband, so glad you are joining our group! You are awesome for not giving up and now even going a step further and making this healthy choice!! :nod: I'm so glad for the people here, makes me feel stronger, like I'm not doing this alone, feels like friends joining hands to help each other. <3 (I will try my pic again soon...maybe when it cools off in my computer room!)
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Love all these pix, and now I can see my dear boards friends and know that I am not alone in this struggle.
I over ate today, and even had some more of that delish soy choc ice cream again. Now I will knock off that habit. It honestly made me so sleepy every time.
So glad you have a lot of happy memories of your DH Gypsy! He sounds like a very nice man.
Looks like the weather is not going to be good for fireworks tonight. It is rumbling out there already/!!
Lori, you will get better at the pic dealie, it took me months adn months, and I still can't change my avatar yet.
carollynne

Postby Rosey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:50 pm

LoriJenny wrote:I'm so glad to see the pics going up...it's so fun to put some faces to the names :) Rosey...wow what a difference, not only thinner, but so much healthier looking!! Gypsy...so great to see your sweet smile!! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear husband, so glad you are joining our group! You are awesome for not giving up and now even going a step further and making this healthy choice!! :nod: I'm so glad for the people here, makes me feel stronger, like I'm not doing this alone, feels like friends joining hands to help each other. <3 (I will try my pic again soon...maybe when it cools off in my computer room!)

I love seeing peoples faces too. I do feel so much healthier and more so all the time. Big HUGS Gypsy I can't imagine going through that. I'd be very lost without my hubby and we've only been married for almost a year now will be a year on the 10th but have known each other almost 5 years.
Rosey

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Rosey wrote:
I love seeing peoples faces too. I do feel so much healthier and more so all the time. Big HUGS Gypsy I can't imagine going through that. I'd be very lost without my hubby and we've only been married for almost a year now will be a year on the 10th but have known each other almost 5 years.

Thanks so much for the HUGS, Rosey :-D Image This was taken about 1997 and I was about 145lbs? I worked hard that summer, helping my sweetie with his truck stand...we had so much fun. :nod:
Gypsy

Postby Christine in Cali » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:04 pm

This photo was from today, but it doesn't really show my weight loss. I see my Mother looking back at me....

This my Mother when she was 18. She said she felt pretty that day so she went and had her portrait taken. She always had a hard time with her self image, bless her heart.
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals