Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby Ejeff » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:03 am

Good day yesterday. I am finally sleeping well again like at least 8 hours a night so I’m very happy about that. Yesterday had spaghetti sauce with veggie marinara sauce for lunch and a couple cookies. Dinner was salad, tofu, a few taco chips, oats with blueberries and snack was popcorn. I made too much popcorn so next time I won’t do that because I always eat it all. Exercise yesterday 2 hours pickleball. Up one pound for the week. I am almost out of prepared food now so this week I might just eat more potatoes I’m craving the air fried ones. And I have one sweet potato on had so I think I will bake that into fries too.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Aprincess » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:54 pm

I had a terrible day of stress eating yesterday. It was all good food (raw vegetables), but I don't like that behavior. When I'm in a situation of waiting by the phone for the next update, for hours and hours, I obviously don't know how to cope. Next time that happens, I should just get out the Windex instead. Now today I'm bloated and the windows are still dirty. ;-)

Oh, Zoey, I hear ya on the stress eating. I feel for you there. I hope all is well. The windows aren’t goin anywhere. <3
~ Amy ~ :) :-) :-D :D
Aprincess

Postby moonlight » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:04 pm

serene wrote:I want to apologize for my short posts lately. I'm on my tablet and typing isn't as easy.

Managed to have a 100% compliant day after two struggles in the last few days. Yay!

Yay you! Doesn’t that feel good? Life can do get in the way of our plans!
moonlight

Postby Aprincess » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:13 am

Ok, so I’m trying to remember what I ate yesterday. It really sucks getting older. Lol

B: Steel cut oats, strawberries, blueberries, flaxseed, almond milk
L: Huge salad with all the usual stuff, oat groats, pinto beans and balsamic vinegar
D: I had a pack of tofu to use up so I made a breakfast scramble with lots of veggies and I also steamed some Bok Choy.
S: Banana (go figure. Lol)

I took a yoga stretch class yesterday. I’m 60 and I’ve never tried yoga. Of course I couldn’t do everything but I did far better than I thought I would. I actually like it!
Aprincess

Postby moonlight » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:08 am

Aprincess wrote:I took a yoga stretch class yesterday. I’m 60 and I’ve never tried yoga. Of course I couldn’t do everything but I did far better than I thought I would. I actually like it!

I have never taken yoga consistently or worked on stretching consistently, either. In a perfect me world I would! I have always thought stretching was so beneficial. Good for you!

Friday's Adventures
Exercise: brisk 30 minute walk
B: Japanese sweet potato and banana
L: shredded salad and Garbanzo stew
S: carrots and eggplant dip
S: two small potatoes microwaved, with Heinz 57
D: Spinach salad from MWL book and Texan Vegetable Casserole
S: pasta and brussel sprouts
S: air-popped popcorn

The Garbanzo stew and the Texan Vegetable Casserole are not enough to keep me full. I guess I'll plan to have more starch with those meals. Or I may have just been more focused on food last night, I'm not sure. I like the Garbanzo Stew. It's a new recipe for me from the MWL book. Also, the spinach salad is a new recipe. I like it a lot, too. It is simple to make. Only spinach, sliced red onion, and oranges with a fat free dressing.
moonlight

Postby Zoey » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:43 am

Ejeff, nothing in my life functions well if I don't get my eight hours of sleep. And I rarely do. Glad you're reaping the benefits.

Serene, good for you!

Amy, yoga? I've never tried it either. I'm afraid I'd be stuck in one of those positions, never to return. So you'll be going back to the class? Well done! Oh, and you were right, my windows were right here waiting for me this morning. :nod:

Another bad update for me. On Thursday, I fell into stress eating. Then on Friday I topped it off with exhaustion eating. We went to help someone move a dining room table and chairs. And as my husband said, we ended up moving a tree. Anyone have a castle banquet hall to fill? Whew! It was a long round trip, loading and unloading plus all the logistics involved, and what do we want for dinner after that? Well, pizza of course. Just crust, sauce, and veggies for me, but it's still not a good choice.

What do I have to show for it? A good night's rest and 147.2 on the scale. Wrong way, Zoey!
Zoey

Postby AnnetteW » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 am

Amy, good job on going to a yoga class. Don't worry about what you can and can't do. Definitely don't push anything too far, just do it. When I joined my current gym I started going to a "Senior Fit" class which was basically a modified yoga, stretching, strength and balance type of class. Over time they've changed the name to "Functional Fitness". It's 3x a week at this gym, and since different instructors teach each class it's always a bit different. I really enjoy the class.

Lately I've moved over to the "real" yoga classes and dang they are hard. But I'm putting more and more effort into it each time. I am the most inflexible person I know. Just this morning I was actually researching online one of the moves and was thinking I should start doing a daily home practice also. What sort of crazy person have I become? I kind of find this exciting.

I'm doing well focusing on MWL foods right now, and no cheats. Seeing my husband's lousy blood lab numbers has given me more of a motivation. How cool is that?

Yesterday I ate:
Breakfast - steel cut oats, blueberries, oat milk (I've decided I prefer soy milk)
Lunch - soup bowl with soba noodles (mine were real high sodium, will have to check label next time I buy them), bokchoy, mushroom, onions, miso, tamari
Snack - steel cut oats, oat milk
Dinner - large salad, potato
Exercise - yoga, lower body weights, 10 min on treadmill attempting to run (ran 1 min 2x...got a ways to go)
AnnetteW

Postby Ejeff » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:21 am

My late evening snacking needs to stop. If I feel the need to eat something it will be a few raisins or one piece of fruit that’s it. Last night I went way over board and was far too full, even slept bad. Otherwise the day was very good. Baked another batch of oat cookies and ate too many of those.

L: salad with chickpea dressing, tofu, spaghetti squash with marinara, 4 cookies
D: taco chips with spicy salsa, and I forget
S: Oats, oat cookies and 1 peanut butter toast

Exercise was 10 minutes HIIT cycling, 9 minutes on elliptical and a few weights. Walked a bit too.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:45 am

Sounds like a few of us are hitting bumps in the road. Me, too!

Good news, had a dr’s appt yesterday after lunch. Even fully clothed with a full stomach the scale was reasonable! The was a small victory. Bad news, my health concern is probably remedied by getting better sleep. That’s hard to do with a constantly teething 18 month old!

Last night we went to a friend’s surprise party at a tiki bar. There was a never-ending bowl of the strongest rum punch imaginable. I refilled my cup too many times and did not feel so well later on. Also, instead of a cake someone made a giant Reese’s cup. I had some. It was delicious.

Back to grape nuts this morning. Nothing on the calendar to derail my efforts today. Tomorrow is our monthly WFPB pitch in. Yay!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Aprincess » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:04 am

Zoey wrote: Well, pizza of course. Just crust, sauce, and veggies for me, but it's still not a good choice.

What do I have to show for it? A good night's rest and 147.2 on the scale. Wrong way, Zoey!

Sometimes life just happens and you do the best you can. It could have been far worse. Oh, and the yoga thing? It’s actually an 8 week thing every Friday. Yesterday was the first one. She said every week will be different so we’ll have to see what she has in store for me next week. Lol Have a great weekend! :-P
Aprincess

Postby Aprincess » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:52 pm

serene wrote:Today is the day I hang out with my kid. We often go out to eat. I am committing here to stay on plan even if we go out.

You can do it! Woot Woot!!!
Aprincess

Postby AnnetteW » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:53 pm

serene wrote:Thank you! We went to Souplantation. She's never been. I ate a bunch of food. All MWL, now that I think of it.

We don't seem to have any of those types of restaurants anymore, or SouperSalad was a favorite. No salad bars anywhere that I can find, and I live in a major metro. I might have to ask on the local Vegan facebook pages. Glad you were able to enjoy your meal.
AnnetteW

Postby AnnetteW » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:56 pm

Another good eating day, I'm really trying harder, and knowing I can eat to fulfillment in the afternoon is really helping me mentally.

Breakfast - steel cut oats, blueberries, oat milk
Lunch - med. salad, 2 small sweet potatoes
Snack - steel cut oats, oat milk
Dinner - 4 tacos, filling was made with potatoes/lentils/kale/corn, a cabbage slaw and some avocado
(I know the corn tortillas and avocado are not MWL, but that's fine with m)
Exercise - I haven't done any yet, and now it's getting late.
AnnetteW

Postby Aprincess » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:51 pm

I have 3 parrots and today was cage cleaning day. It’s a 2 hour ordeal. Since they are extremely messy that includes washing walls and scrubbing the ceramic tile floor. I call it exercise. :D

B: Banana
L: Huge salad... same as always
S: Banana
D: Mexican Red Lentil Soup
S: Cara Cara Orange (Yum!) & Some Peanuts :oops:
Aprincess

Postby Aprincess » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:55 pm

AnnetteW wrote:We don't seem to have any of those types of restaurants anymore, or SouperSalad was a favorite. No salad bars anywhere that I can find, and I live in a major metro. I might have to ask on the local Vegan facebook pages. Glad you were able to enjoy your meal.

We have a chain here in Western New York called Pie O’Mine Greens. You build your own salad or build your own pizza. So you choose all the ingredients you want and as much as you want in your salad. They then dump it out in a chopping station and they chop it up! That’s about the only safe place here that I know of.
Aprincess

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals