Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby Zoey » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 am

The upside of surfing and posting here is the accountability, of course.
The downside is that reading everyone's daily menu makes me hungry.

Must go learn to knit, must go learn to knit...
Zoey

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:04 pm

Yes, Zoey, knitting! That is my other favorite pastime. Buns does the Zentangle, which is a little easier to take up and just as mentally stimulating, if you are looking for a hobby.

Last night went well. Hubby and I had a night alone without kids, and he wanted Chipotle, so I made my own tacos and all was well. Today I happened to be out at lunch time unexpectedly and got Taco Bell. Not great. I’m seeing a pattern of needing emergency snacks to get me through until I get home.

Tonight I made a new soup recipe and it was nice. Had it with salad and bread. I recommend it. Omit the oil, of course. A simple combination of ingredients and spices. https://morespinachplease.wordpress.com ... et-potato/
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby AnnetteW » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:38 am

I too am a big knitter. Fancy lace shawls are my specialty. I also sew most my own clothes. You'd think that would keep me busy and my mind off food...not!

Yesterday was a bit rough, the hunger was so intense. I could not fill my belly. Luckily today is another day.
AnnetteW

Postby Aprincess » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:30 am

Well, I don’t knit. I learned to crochet first so when I tried to knit I just felt so clumsy that I finally gave up and went back to crocheting. I’m going to have to pull it out again. I’m working on a bed blanket for my daughter. I put it away before the holidays and forgot about it. Lol

Yesterday:

B: Banana
L: Brussel Sprouts, Great Northern Beans & Peach flavored balsamic vinegar
D: Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Shiitake Mushrooms, peppers & onions, and Corn
S: Banana (can you tell I love bananas?)
~ Amy ~ :) :-) :-D :D
Aprincess

Postby Ejeff » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:45 am

That’s soup looks very tasty Lindsey thanks for the recipe. Yesterday’s food:

L: veggie soup with added bok choy and potato. 2 cookies
D: spaghetti squash with veggie marina sauce black olives. And salad with chickpeas dressing and rice.
S: 1 toast with peanut butter and 2 strawberries

I’ve been eating a lot of veggies which is good and I don’t get tired of them. I did freeze the last portion of soup as I’m tired of it now. I should cut up some carrot and celery sticks to have on hand because I do want crunch in my food at least sometime in the day.

Exercise 1 hour of pickleball.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Zoey » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:01 am

Lyndzie, Annette, Amy, good for you all, and I'm so jealous! I just enjoy all the beautiful things my mother-in-law crochets for me. She tried to teach me once. That may have lasted eight minutes. I know where my husband gets his impatience! She was like, "Here, you just do this, this, this, and this, and here's your sweater, see?!" :shock:

I checked out the Zentangle, which I'd never heard of. It looks like my mindless doodling, except I have no direction and no change of pattern, so I'm definitely interested in learning more. Thanks for introducing me.
I bought a beginning cross-stitch packet, so I may open that today and check it out. What I really need to do is get back to my music. I don't know why it has become a burden for so long instead of a joy. And I obviously don't know how to get that joy back.
But as Annette said, will anything get our minds off food? haha I can't help it, I love to eat.

And that update is... food is great, energy is great, weight is unchanged, but I'm still having the wine and dark chocolate at night. I'll head out for my walk/jog later this afternoon. Life is good.
Zoey

Postby Aprincess » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:53 am

Lyndzie wrote:Tonight I made a new soup recipe and it was nice. Had it with salad and bread. I recommend it. Omit the oil, of course. A simple combination of ingredients and spices. https://morespinachplease.wordpress.com ... et-potato/

That recipe does look good! It’s on my list for the menu next week. Thanks so much Lindsey! :-D
Aprincess

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 pm

This day marks one week of 100% Non-Processed foods! It's the longest I've gone fully compliant since I wandered back in here to the McDougall forums two years ago :D

D: bean dip w.veggie stix
B: broccoli oats
L: lentil stew; cuties oranges

I'm hungry right now so I'mma go nuke a sweet potato that I brought with me.

Exercise: 25 minutes Yoga
Meditation: yoga was peaceful and breathful, and I also took 15 minutes in the afternoon with quiet breathing away from my desk.

This new practice of breathing is making a big difference :nod:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Aprincess » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:35 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:This day marks one week of 100% Non-Processed foods! It's the longest I've gone fully compliant since I wandered back in here to the McDougall forums two years ago :D

WTG!!!!! Woot! Woot!!!
Aprincess

Postby AnnetteW » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:28 pm

Good day, but still a lot of food.

Breakfast - oatmeal, apple, oatmilk
Lunch - large salad, 1/2 c. garbanzo beans, 1 med potato
Snack- tons and tons of steel cut oats. I cooked 1 cup dry and then ate it all with some oat milk
Dinner - beet salad, cooked beet greens, vegan chili

Exercise - 45 min Spin class, 35 min upper body weights, 1 hour Fitness class (yes, I was exhausted)

I have not weighed myself this week, I think I'll be the same as last week, or just a smidge higher or lower. No major losses. I was too much off track.
AnnetteW

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:36 pm

Today was a good day. Made sure I was home for lunch. Preparedness is the key to success!

It just started raining, which is forecast to last the next 48 hours. Bah humbug.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby moonlight » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:04 am

The last few days have been good for me. I've gotten in exercise most days and stayed MWL compliant most meals. I'm enjoying using the planned menus from the MWL book. There's something about having that plan that's working for me right now. The only decision I need to make is committing to food prep. The menus have helped me increase raw veggie intake. :)
moonlight

Postby Aprincess » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:03 am

I had another great day yesterday!

B: Banana
L: Huge salad with oat groats, navy beans, strawberries, apple, hemp seeds, and peach balsamic vinegar
S: Leftover mashed potatoes, peppers, and corn *small bowl
D: Roasted baby potatoes, Japanese sweet potato and veggies with “Cheez” sauce and Broccoli
S: Banana

I went to the gym. 10 min elliptical and 20 on the treadmill. I also did some 30 lb leg extensions to try and strengthen my quads.

Hope you all have a great day! :) :-) :-D :D
Aprincess

Postby Zoey » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:44 am

Serene, at least you didn't get sick, so yay!

Buns, great job staying away from the processed foodstuffs. Wish I could say the same...

Annette, I need a nap after reading about your workouts. Wow!

Lindsey, sounds like a good day for knitting, right?

Moonlight and Amy, you're on a roll, well done!

I had a terrible day of stress eating yesterday. It was all good food (raw vegetables), but I don't like that behavior. When I'm in a situation of waiting by the phone for the next update, for hours and hours, I obviously don't know how to cope. Next time that happens, I should just get out the Windex instead. Now today I'm bloated and the windows are still dirty. ;-)

But everything is resolved, and I got some new ankle weights yesterday to try out at the park today. Looking forward to it!
Zoey

Postby AnnetteW » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:54 am

I was right, no major weight change this week, up 0.6...still hanging out at the darn 147 number. I'm going to try not to weigh myself again all week. Honestly, as long as I know I'm going to be weighing, and I'm sticking to the weighing challenge group, daily doesn't help any.

I stuck to all MWL foods yesterday, just too much of them in the afternoon. Had a ton of steel cut oats, but my tummy was satisfied when I was done. I'll do that again this afternoon, just cook a smaller portion.
AnnetteW

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals