Easy Peasy Lemon Sqeezy

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Easy Peasy Lemon Sqeezy

Postby mamalafancy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:01 pm

:D I am a newbie who just wanted to let anyone who's thinking of starting the programme to just do it!!!!!

Do not waste anymore time on other fad diets like me that make you sick in the long run, even if they are the latest trend and all you friends are talking about it. This actually works and I haven't even felt deprived or really killed myself exercising as I would on previous diets (just an hour a day of walking on the beach which I love or biking to and from the supermarket).

The key I feel is preparation, always make sure you have something you CAN eat ready and waiting as this is the only time I have slipped up to be honest. I can't banish all foods off the list from the house just yet as I am still persuading my Husband to do it 100% he is about 80% there but I try to keep the bad stuff out of sight. Also keeping it real, eating leftovers off kids plates WILL hinder progress (You know that you know that you know ;))

Seriously impressed with Dr John Mcdougall on all levels after reading the Starch Solution/MWL, getting newsletters/Mcdougall moments to my e-mail and watching many, many youtube videos. This website is a veritable font of knowledge and great advice I love it. I am finally in control again without the pain that goes hand in hand with high protein low carb diets and I am not killing myself in the gym anymore (which I hate).

In 2 months I have lost 14 pounds and my knees no longer hurt which is great, still got some way to go but even if the loss is half a pound a week it's real a loss of fat and not water. The point is this is easy peasy and I don't feel like I am on a diet. HURAY! YYYEEEAAAHH!! :D :D :D :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o Thank you so much Dr John Mcdougall !
Sarah

Life is more like a bowl of cherries when you give your body the fuel it needs.......low fat STARCH, VEG & FRUIT, because we're worth it!
mamalafancy

Re: Easy Peasy Lemon Sqeezy

Postby peasouper » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:45 am

Well done mamalafancy!
peasouper

Postby DWu » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Congrats on your progress Sarah!

Yes, preparation, as well as knowing what’s going into your body, are key.
DWu

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:23 pm

That's exciting, Sarah! Congrats!
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby thefatsister » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:19 pm

I'm down and estimated 18 lbs in my first month, and my knees stopped hurting going down steps too.

Isn't it wonderful?
thefatsister

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories