June 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: June 2018 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Chumly » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:51 am

I'm flying up to Syracuse tonight to spend the next 6 days with my family. It's going to be difficult to stay on plan, but I am staying in a hotel, so some of my meals will be completely in my control. My family eats very unhealthily, so I'm going to avoid eating dinner there as much as possible.

Michael
Chumly

Postby galooop » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Just checking in to say that I love this board -
but have decided not to post my weekly weigh-ins for a while.
I want to concentrate on compliance, instead of weight.

I was very inspired by a Star McDougaller Esther's story this morning:
https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?u=5e5 ... cb9eaec36e

:-) Chris
galooop

Postby midnight87 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:47 pm

I'm back down 3 lbs this week :) I think it's mostly water weight but I'm happy all the same. Hopefully I can keep moving in the right direction :-D
midnight87

Postby Rosey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:55 pm

289.3 that's up 1.6lbs.
Rosey

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:16 am

moonspirit - I appreciate getting to know a bit more about you. :). Many of us have had your very same experience. It seems once one know how good eating right feels you just keep coming back. So welcome back to McDougalling, I'm have no doubt you will experience the same success as you did the first time around. Saturday weigh-ins are totally fine, best wishes this week.

Svenja - Thanks for checking in even though you won't be around. I appreciate it. :) Enjoy the conference.

Landog - Another week of showing us how its done right. Have a great weekend.

moonlight - Your comment brought a big smile to my face and heart. That is great advice worth repeating: Pay due diligence to yourself, you are worth it!

Stephanie - LOL! The perfect potato waffle does take a lot of time...but is so so worth it. Do you top yours with anything? I bought 2 waffle irons so that I didn't have to eat mine alone. I'm with you and Confucius! Slow and steady wins the race. Have a lovely weekend.

Idgie Welcome to the boards, we're glad to have you joining us for some support while getting healthy. Congratulations on a great month! Your username is the same as a favourite fictional character of mine:
We'll just need the gals at the Whistlestop Cafe to make us some dry-fried green tomatoes, no oil needed. Yum!

Vic - Good loss, I'm sure you're looking forward to getting back to eating until satisfied. Best wishes as you transition back to MWL. Hail to the humble and filling potato!

Michael - Great planning ahead. When I'm travelling I find breakfast can be as easy as oatmeal every morning (which I make in the microwave or get from whatever free breakfast buffet the hotel has - I also grab a whole bunch of fruit there as well). I've bought Uncle Ben's brown rice in a bag and microwaved that in a bowl filled with water, stirred in salsa and a can of beans for lunch and dinners. Wendy's baked potatoes and side salads (hold the cheese - and onion if you're going to be trapped in a car with anyone you care about for long...LOL). I know you are very familiar with all of these little tips, but I figured it can't hurt to say them again. You can eat before heading over to your family's place, and bring your own food too. Your avoidance strategy is also a great one if you know its too tempting or that your family dynamic will suffer. Enjoy your visit and I wish you the very best sticking with your goals while travelling.

Chris - It's so nice to hear from you. XO. I'm glad you are doing well and focusing on the details. Thank you for sharing Esther's story here, it is really inspiring!

midnight87 - I agree, all losses are good losses. :) I'm glad things are moving in the right direction and know that you can keep them going that way. Best wishes over the next week.

Rosey - Thank you for checking-in. The up weeks are never fun, but I hope when these weeks occur you open up your McDougall account and look at your weight loss counter to remind yourself of the 111 pounds that you have lost...and remember just how amazing that is. It takes a very dedicated person to get this far, and you are that person!
amandamechele

Postby moonspirit » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:00 am

Hi everyone,

My weight is at 177.7 today, down from 178.8 last week. It's been lower during this past week, but that's where it's at today. So far, I've lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist, which is even better than the weight. :)

I won't be weighing in next week since I'll be traveling, so I'll see y'all again on July 14. Going to stick with the plan while on vacation. :)
moonspirit

Postby Jobet » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:14 am

I lost what I had gained last week, but up again today .5 Ugh!

I'm going to be taking a break from weighing in for a while. This is my favorite thread, so will definitely be reading when I can. I have a lot of life situations going on at the moment, company coming, etc. :)

Wishing everyone a very successful July!
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby Idgie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:36 am

Hi, Amanda,

Yes, I was trying to decide between Idgie and Tawanda. :)
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Hello All!

Great results this week, as with every week, really. :) If you're showing up, you're doing well because you're still putting in some thought on how to continue managing your health and weight by refining your eating patterns and creating long-term behaviour changes. (Not to sound matronizing but...) I'm really proud of us all!! Keep up the fabulous effort towards learning how to apply what you have been teaching yourselves.

It's been a lazy day for me today. Just a few things on the agenda:

I'm doing my menu planning for the next few weeks. Now that the kids are off of school for summer vacation it can be easy to slip into a less structured pattern**

I'm also watching Portugal and Uruguay battle to stay alive in FIFA World Cup action! It's a close game so far. I'm looking forward to Monday's match between Brazil (my team) and Mexico. (Update: Portugal's out!!)

Finally, I'm trying to figure out how to get to those delicious cherries before our masked visitor does! He is quite daring and a better tree climber than I.
I have a feeling I'm going to have to share.
ImageImage

Thank you for spending June with me! I hope to see you in the July 2018 Weigh-In Group.

Amy XO

** Here are some meal planning resources that I like to use, from Dr. McDougall:
10 Day Meal Plan and Recipes
A printable Weekly Menu Planner Template
Mary McDougall's Meal Planning Lecture
Stocking Your Kitchen Ideas
And...because it's a holiday weekend Holiday Meal Planning and Recipe Guide

Here are the results for the fifth week in June:

Next Weigh-In is on Friday, July 6th, 2018

Total group loss reported in 2018: 288.5 pounds

June 2018 Weight Loss Group :: Monthly Weigh-In Results
Total group loss in January 2018: 54.7 pounds
Total group loss in February 2018: 49.3 pounds
Total group loss in March 2018: 52.5 pounds
Total group loss in April 2018: 26.9 pounds
Total group loss in May 2018: 50.8 pounds
Total group loss in June 2018: 54.3 pounds

Week ending 06/29/2018: 12 participants reported a total loss of 23.6 pounds
---------------------------------------
Rosey - 1.6
Jobet - 0.5
---------------------------------------
Total gains: 2.1
--------------------------------------
Svenja - 0.0
Landog - 1.0
Moonlight - 0.0
VegSeekingFit - 0.8
Idgie - 12.4
Victw - 3.4
Chumly - 0.0
Midnight87 - 3.0
Moonspirit - 1.1
Squealcat - 4.0
---------------------------------------------
Total losses: 25.7
---------------------------------------------

Total group loss in June 2018: 54.3 pounds
Week ending 06/29/2018: 12 participants reported a total loss of 23.6 pounds
Week ending 06/22/2018: 11 participants reported a total loss of 8.7 pounds
Week ending 06/15/2018: 9 participants reported a total loss of 8.3 pounds
Week ending 06/08/2018: 10 participants reported a total loss of 3.4 pounds
Week ending 06/01/2018: 18 participants reported a total loss of 10.3 pounds

(Edited to add a participant)
Last edited by amandamechele on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:29 pm

Moonspirit - Congratulations on those great new measurements! Enjoy your vacation and we'll see you on the 14th, :)

Jobet - I'm glad you're still having some success, even if its sprinkled with challenges and busy-ness. Thank you for taking the time to send a see-you-later and say such kind things. XO . I do hope we will hear from you again soon. Have a lovely July, and I know you will do just fine through whatever the world throws at you this month.

Idgie Towanda, righter of wrongs, queen beyond compare!! Let's show that toxic food environment who's boss this week!
amandamechele

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:56 am

Amy, Great picture!!! Those cherries look wonderful! Hurry to beat the masked thief... :D :D

Excellent idea that you have - with 2 waffle irons for the potato waffles!!! :cool: I have been eating mine plain with pepper / seasonings and sometimes with a side of mashed black bean with onions / jalapenos. How about you???

Cheers,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Idgie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:20 am

Amanda, thank you so much for the meal planning links. SUPER helpful!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby squealcat » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Sorry, I forgot to post on time.....after a big gain the week before, I lost 4 # this past week. Just had to let you know. You don't have to include me with the other June mwl people.
:oops:

-Marilyn (squealcat)
squealcat

Postby amandamechele » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:34 pm

VegSeekingFit wrote:Amy, Great picture!!! Those cherries look wonderful! Hurry to beat the masked thief... :D :D

Excellent idea that you have - with 2 waffle irons for the potato waffles!!! :cool: I have been eating mine plain with pepper / seasonings and sometimes with a side of mashed black bean with onions / jalapenos. How about you???

Cheers,
Stephanie

Yum! I'd never thought of using mashed black beans. I love dry-fried onions, sometimes green pepper and mushrooms too. Or as a treat apple sauce and spring onions.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Idgie wrote:Amanda, thank you so much for the meal planning links. SUPER helpful!

XO. :) :D
amandamechele

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program