Right Foods Weight Loss Kit

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Right Foods Weight Loss Kit

Postby fabby50 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:55 pm

I have ordered the Dr. McDougall weight loss kit through rightfoods.com. However, it will probably be a week or so before I see it, and, as I have a four day weekend this weekend, I'd like to get started right away. I can buy the meal cups at my local store until my kit comes. Does anyone know what I need to supplement the cups with? I assume it's fruits, veggies, etc., but how much, when, etc. Can I just eat a breakfast cup for breakfast with fruit, lunch cup at lunch with veggies, biggy cup for dinner with veggies and snack on even more veggies? Is that basically it?

Thanks for your help - looking forward to getting to know people here. Long time vegetarian (over 30 years) - new to "McDougalling".
fabby50

Postby hope101 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:43 pm

Fabby50: Welcome, both to the boards and a healthier lifestyle? :D I apologize if I am misunderstanding your post, but are you relying on the McDougall cups because you don't cook? Because if so I would recommend you diversify your menu and learn a few simple recipes. It will be vastly cheaper for you and, I suspect, nutritionally superior. I think Dr. McDougall himself intends for the prepackaged foods to be used more in a crisis or when you truly can't make something for yourself due to travel, etc. You are setting yourself up for boredom and failure if you don't get a repetoire of simple foods after some time. If you go to the l]www.mcdougall.com homepage and look at the free program, you can get an idea both of menus and a whole bunch of free recipes. Or look at the daily menus posted in Roberta's Corner in these message boards. I have been mcdougalling for months now and have yet to order any prepackaged food, so please don't misunderstand and feel you have to order any of his products.

Again, welcome and come back often with your questions.
hope101

Postby fabby50 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:59 pm

Nope - actually, if you go to rightfoods.com on the first page is the weight loss kit. It is a 12 day plan and includes two of the books, the DVD, a meal plan, and 36 meal cups - 12 breakfasts and 24 lunch/dinner cups. It is a pretty good deal because I ordered a couple of extra things to get free shipping and they gave me a discount. The books alone on amazon.com were almost $30 and this whole package with a package of pancake mix and family size chili meal were $94.00. I figured it would be a good way to get started and get me over my overindulgences of the holidays! SO - what I am looking for is information on what I supplement the meal cups with on the 12 day diet. I understand this information will be coming with my kit, but I wanted to start tomorrow and my kit hasn't even shipped yet. I ordered on Tuesday, they said they would ship within 3 days, and it would take 2 to 5 days to get here.

Thanks for the other information - I have been browsing the site and get the basics of the program, but I wanted a more structured approach at the beginning and I feel the 12 day kit will give me that.
fabby50

Postby hope101 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:05 pm

Oops! Look like you know a lot more about this than me. :eek: Hopefully someone will come along that can help you.
hope101

Postby fabby50 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:15 pm

No problem - I appreciate your reply. I stumbled into the cups last week looking for something quick for lunch and then visited the web site. I (of course) don't intend on living on them forever, but I figured it would be a good way to get started. I actually love to cook and have been way overindulging myself the last week or two - even if the foods are good for me. For example, I made a great vegan dried fruit fruit cake, but eating the whole thing by myself is a little too much - even if they were served a little slice here, a little slice there, oops, the whole thing's gone! I wanted something very structured, and dare I say it, but almost "spartan", and definitely portioned controlled to get me out of my "eat everything in sight and then some" holiday mind set! Also, none of those pesky got to finish them leftovers!
fabby50

Postby PKM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:10 pm

Hey Fabby50,
I'm new, but it helps to look under Roberta corner (What's cooking post) for ideas on what everyone else is eating. There is another post about Moving (exercise), good luck and let us know how you are doing. PK
PKM

Right foods

Postby Steve » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:00 am

I just ordered a sample pack for my Mom. I have wanted to try the cups for years but the local store does not have the item. I think fresh is best but the cups sound easy. I have been enjoying some of the spice hunter brand cups and I am sure the Right Foods will be more healthy, and less expensive. I will order for myself soon. I want to see how the Tortilla Soup compares to my own.
Another big plus for using right foods is that the profit can go to some useful things. By the way the clincher for me was when I saw John McDougall putting some Rightfoods Spit Pea soup on a baked potato. That is all the endorsement I need.
The only concern would be with the salt content. Again fresh is better but I can tolerate some sodium.
Good luck. Let us know how the Right Foods idea pans out. The other good thing is that there is built in portion control.
Steve

Postby Sunny » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:58 am

I learn something new all the time, I did not know that there was a kit ???
How cool is that !!! I like it... that is a great way to get started.
Welcome to the board Fabby 50, nice to have you here. So if I understand this correctly you will get Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner ??? So it would be good to add a salad w/ ff dressing and fruit to your plan, but only two fruits a day. Here's a link for you if you need some dressing ideas:
http://fatfreevegan.com/
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby fabby50 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:17 am

Thanks for the help everyone! I will let you know how it's going once I get the kit and see what I'm "really" suppose to be doing. In the meantime, I'm going marketing tomorrow and will probably buy enough stuff to get me through a week or so. Our store carries a limited selection of the cups - I think they have some lunch and dinner ones, but no breakfast cups. Also, there's a much better selection on the web and I think it is cheaper on line, especially if you order enough to get free shipping. You can even order a refill kit for the diet if you want to do the 12 days over.

I am a volume eater and have difficulty with any eating style that says "eat all you want of XXX" or "eat until full" - I never seem to get full! I really need portion control. I know it's a skill I should develop on my own, but I need some help right now and I think the kit will help me with that.

I have been browsing the web site for a few days now and everyone seems so friendly and helpful and I know I will enjoy participating here. There doesn't seem to be any "drama" like several of the other web site I visit!
fabby50

weight loss cups

Postby govegan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:58 am

I recieved the kit and you will be fine going to the market and getting them beforehand. I supplement with frozen asparagus with my lunch
and I make a potato lentil stew for dinners. the cups are fantastic for a healthy, low sodium quick meal.

regards

govegan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsHc1uB/]
[/url]
govegan

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program