June 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: June 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby LadyM » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:01 am

Amanda thank you so much for my confetti. :-D

I still have 8 lbs. to lose before I start changing to the regular McDougall plan. I am a planner and over thinker. If I am going away on Friday I start packing to leave on Monday. I'm surprised I haven't driven myself crazier than I already am. I'll figure this all out one way or another. Other people have and so can I. :unibrow: I guess my biggest fear is bringing foods (ie: breads, pastas etc.) back into my way of eating and loosing control. I need to reread the pleasure trap and work on a plan.

Have a great day and thank you again for all you do for this forum. I know that I appreciate you and I'm sure everyone here does too.

LadyM
(aka Dee)
LadyM

Postby ANNAUK » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:18 pm

LadyM wrote:Happy Saturday everyone:

I am down 2.4 lbs. this week

I finally broke the up down weight plateau. I have been struggling with 5 lbs. for 7 months now. Up 3 lbs., down 2 lbs. on and on. Very frustrating to say the least. But this week my body said enough with the games. Dr. McDougall's WOE wins. :nod:

Another milestone is that from my all time high weight of 230 lbs. I have now lost 102 lbs.. :D Hold on is that confetti I see floating in the air? :lol:

Now I need to decide how much more I would like to lose and then come up with a plan on how to go about changing to the regular McDougall plan and not put weight on. As far as I am concerned this is a nice challenge to have. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Hey Anna congrats on reaching one of your goals. Feels great to accomplish them and then start looking forward to the next one. Congratulation again.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

LadyM
(aka Dee)

Dee you have really inspired me this week. I never make time to check in enough and I really should as the support from everyone is so great. Well done too it all becomes worth it eventually doesn't it :))) xxxxx
ANNAUK

Postby ANNAUK » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Reading the book mindless eating this week. Super good already would recommend it to anyone. Really started recognising my habits and the different between the thin me choices and the overweight me choices.

Also watched the new movie what the,health. Would really recommend it too. Even just to inspire us to be the healthiest we can not just the lightest we can :)

Does anyone use anything from the engine 2 book???
Xxxx
ANNAUK

Postby verovegan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Can I join this group even though it's the middle of the month? Thanks.
verovegan

Postby cambitsgirl » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:30 pm

just a quick post. I am so happy I finally have gotten into smaller pants! I am down 2 pant sizes! So exciting!

Carol
Cambitsgirl
cambitsgirl

Postby galooop » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:48 am

"I am so happy I finally have gotten into smaller pants! I am down 2 pant sizes!"
----------------
cambitsgirl
CONGRATS!!!
that's a fantastic feeling...
:-) Chris
galooop

Postby starbright831 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Excited to let you know that I am down 2.8 lbs. this week. This really helps after going up last week. Hope I can do it again next week.
Dea
starbright831

Postby ANNAUK » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:56 pm

cambitsgirl wrote:just a quick post. I am so happy I finally have gotten into smaller pants! I am down 2 pant sizes! So exciting!

Carol

This is great news !!!!!!well done xxxxxxxxxxx
ANNAUK

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:10 am

Happy Friday everyone! :-D

No weight loss for me this week.

I'm not stressing it as that seems to be the general pattern -- the numbers hover for a few weeks around the same point and then suddenly drop.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead :)
Qwerty988

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:12 am

Happy Friday Everyone!

My apologies for not being in touch this week. I will remedy that today and tomorrow! Good luck in the weigh in

Anne - Thank you! He's doing fine now, and I will be too once the doctors remove the staples from his head early next week. Poor little guy, he has been a trooper. We are lucky in that there doesn't appear to be any lasting damage to his brain, just a scar where they put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Dee - LOL! We sound very similar. You will figure this, and that is very exciting! You are in the home stretch of the game. I think re-reading the Pleasure Trap is a great idea. As I'm sure you know, Dr. Lisle talks about keeping your environment free of temptations, and maybe that will mean careful planning of what you bring into your home when you start to add in other foods. Maybe bring in one at a time, so that if a day occurs where bad decisions prevail there is only so much damage that can be done. XO Good luck today.

Anna - Thank you for the book recommendation. I am always up for another good read. How did you find the book useful? What new information was valuable to you? Can you give us any tips? What the Health is a great movie! I recommend everyone see it (do a search for the name on YouTube). I haven't personally read the Engine 2 books, but I hear good things about them. Some of their recipes are a bit too rich for me and I would tend to overeat them, but very delicious I hear. What are your favourite recipes from the book?

verovegan - Welcome and yes please do join the group! Are you familiar with the program? Today and tomorrow are weigh in days. What brought you here?

Carol - Yes! That makes doing the happy dance that much more fun! Congratulations. :)

starbright831 - Woo hoo! You can do it again. That is a wonderful loss.

Qwert988 - I'm glad you're able to be okay with the slow nature of real sustainable weight loss. It can be discouraging to have to put so much mental and physical effort into something and not see the result you expected. The weight loss will continue to happen, just keep doing your best (as you are!).
amandamechele

Postby galooop » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 am

Lost 2.8 LBS - yay!
after gaining weight the week before.

wishing everyone a great day.
:-) Chris
galooop

Postby Waterfit » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:47 am

I am checking in today after finding out my cholesterol is high, as well as my calcium levels. Time to start getting serious about my health. My weight is 136 at the Dr. but will check in on Fridays as it lowers. (I hope) My goal is 105.
Waterfit

Postby anne57 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby verovegan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:59 pm

[quote="amandamechele"]Happy Friday Everyone!

verovegan - Welcome and yes please do join the group! Are you familiar with the program? Today and tomorrow are weigh in days. What brought you here?

Thank you for including me in this group. I bought the book "The Healthiest Diet on the Planet" by Dr. John McDougall. On page 47 there was a link to this website. I need to lose weight and get healthy, so here I am.
verovegan

Postby starbright831 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Oops! Just realized that yesterday was not Friday. I kept wondering why no one else was posting.
Sorry for jumping the gun. Does my loss still count?
Dea
starbright831

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program