I hope you don't mind my joining you folks

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I hope you don't mind my joining you folks

Postby Mommylut » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:00 am

After being on MWL off and on over the past several years - I am finally surrendering to the fact that this is the only way to go for me. I have lost weight in the past, and then find myself straying into protein/meat territory, only to get extremely ill, which I won't bore you with here.

I have following since yesterday and am starting to feel better already. I hope to give as much as I will get from this group.

Marion
Mommylut

Postby noodle » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:42 am

Welcome mommylut! I am always happy to see someone new to the board join in. Best wishes to you as you strive to improve your health. :-D

Noodle
noodle

Postby Callalilly » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:47 am

Hi Welcome,

I love this way of eating also. I don't do MWL but I do the regular McDougall program, someday I may need MWL so I am glad it is here if I need it. Check out the recipe forum there are some great ideas on that board.
Calla
Callalilly

Postby LJ » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:00 pm

Big welcome Mommylut...you sound just like me. This is the only way of eating that has EVER worked for me, don't know why I've always strayed from it. I fall in to temptations too easily. This message board is great for keeping me on track!!

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Hi

Postby SueZQuilter » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi Mommylut,

I too am just back after a few months of straying, so I can relate. I don't know why I also allow myself the temptations of the SAD, because I know in my heart that this is the way to live the rest of my life. McDougall and MWL are both fabulous plans and they work.

Welcome back Mommylut and let's do this together, one day at a time. Glad to hear that you're already feeling better. In a few weeks, you'll be back on top of your game and feeling more and more energy.

Best of luck to you.
Take good care,

Sue D.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Unknown.
SueZQuilter

The more the merrier or should I say "healthier"

Postby Kate » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:05 pm

Welcome back! I have done the same thing, and I am sure many of us have. We are bombarded by so many different opinions about which way to eat. But deep down we've always known this is the best way, why else would we come back again and again? This time I am determined to make it stick, as I am sure you are too. Good luck, and I highly recommend coming to this board as often as you can, it will keep you motivated and on track!

Best wishes,
Kate
Kate

Postby hope101 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:30 pm

Welcome, Mommylut. Oh, it is indeed frustrating to have to learn the same lessons over and over again. I just keep reminding myself about the stats regarding smoking. I don't think anyone would dispute that quitting smoking anytime is beneficial. It takes the average smoker 12 times to quit and stay quit. That is average. That means some people get it the first time and some people succeed the 20th. Here's a toast to getting it this time for all of us!
hope101

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:34 pm

Great to have you here. I have also surrendered to this lifestyle, I knew it was the right way to eat I just had to make it happen. :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program