Eating on our cruise....

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Eating on our cruise....

Postby f1jim » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:21 am

Sailing tomorrow on a Princess cruise to the Canary Islands. In an interesting coincidence I got this this notice from Princess after detailing my dietary requirements on their precruise worksheet.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_rele ... isers.html

I am encouraged and I am sure meeting with the head waiter can further make this dishes more compliant.
Fingers crossed.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: Eating on our cruise....

Postby Ejeff » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:19 am

That’s great Jim, thanks for sharing the information. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:32 pm

Thanks for posting this! Looks like some workable choices. :)

Interesting that Princess and Holland America are both owned by Carnival --- but their menus are quite different for veg / healthy food. I'm going next month on HAL and they will provide me with minimally processed starch with no oil each meal --- oats, rice, potato. But, if I hadn't called --- mostly Beyond products are what are served (all meals). Here's the main course selections / their daily vegetarian dinner offerings Image

Hope you have an amazing cruise!
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby ETeSelle » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:42 am

I've only been on one cruise--it was an Alaskan cruise on the Holland America Line. They had several varieties of vegan sushi in the casual eating location, so that's pretty much what I had for lunch every day, along with a big salad from the excellent salad bar. I was able to get plain balsamic vinegar for dressing. Breakfast was oatmeal (made without milk--I asked), with lots of fruit and a little sugar. Once they knew I was vegan, they had me order my dinner for the NEXT evening every dinner. Nothing was really McDougall, but it wasn't too hard to find things that weren't TOO bad (i.e., not much oil). I felt it was an OK compromise for a week. I also brought some snacks with me, being not sure what would be available (some McDougall "just add hot water" soups, etc.).

All in all, it was better than I expected! :-)
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Return to The Lounge