Updated Boards

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Updated Boards

Postby JeffN » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:06 am

The Discussion Boards will be upgraded sometime soon and many, if not all, of the problems that have been asked about will be fixed. I do not have an exact timeline but will keep you posted

Jeff
JeffN

Re: Updated Boards

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:16 pm

Thanks for the update. Funny thing, though - it's been ages since I had to go through the whole "Check each photo that has a stoplight" test or any other problems logging in. I assumed things were all fixed and updated a while ago.
VeggieSue

Postby VegSeekingFit » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:53 pm

Thanks, JeffN and McD peeps!!! What great news!!

Hey VeggieSue --- I JUST had to do the NO to meat/ milk/ eggs thing!!! At least I know the correct answer!!! :lol:
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby frozenveg » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:21 am

It's been a few months sInce I was told I had the wrong password, but any improvement would be good! I hope they reinstate the notification options--both to be notified of activity in a certain thread, and especially to be notified when there's a response to one's post, as that was a big help for keeping discussions active, rather than dying on the vine.
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby f1jim » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:54 pm

I too, wish for the notifications to come back. It's nice to see instantly when someone responds to a post.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby JeffN » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:49 pm

The notification are in the plan and and updated version will be included

Jeff
JeffN

Postby Mom+Me » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:05 am

Yay! This is so good to hear, because all the problems with logging in (including not being able to log in after countless tries in one sitting), actually kept me away from the Board.

Even now it took me I think 6 times, but at least I was finally successful! :D

LOL, VegSeekingFit, I too had to do the good vs. bad foods multiple times. Yes, at least we knew the answers. :nod:

VeggieSue, I didn't have to do the traffic signal/cars/bridges thing since I don't know when, but yeah, those are fun, too. :-)

JeffN, I noticed you referred to this as the Discussion Board, and it's also in the title at the top of the page, but if it's not already in the works, can it please be changed from "Forums" to "Discussion Board(s)" on the main page of Dr. McDougall's awesome website? I'd appreciate your consideration of this. I know it's been mentioned by others, too. And as always, a big "Thank you!" for all you do!!
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:03 am

Mom+Me wrote:JeffN, I noticed you referred to this as the Discussion Board, and it's also in the title at the top of the page, but if it's not already in the works, can it please be changed from "Forums" to "Discussion Board(s)" on the main page of Dr. McDougall's awesome website?

And get someone to include a link to these boards/forums in the drop-down menus on the official site itself, not just that one "Forums" link way down at the bottom of the front page and never mentioned anywhere else. So many times I tell people elsewhere on-line to go to these message boards and they come back to me and say there aren't any, they can't find any link for them. They admit they never scrolled to the very bottom of the home page, beyond the testimonials and other stuff. They assumed that if it's not in the drop down menus at the top of the page it doesn't exist.
VeggieSue

Postby Mom+Me » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:47 pm

VeggieSue wrote:
Mom+Me wrote:JeffN, I noticed you referred to this as the Discussion Board, and it's also in the title at the top of the page, but if it's not already in the works, can it please be changed from "Forums" to "Discussion Board(s)" on the main page of Dr. McDougall's awesome website?

And get someone to include a link to these boards/forums in the drop-down menus on the official site itself, not just that one "Forums" link way down at the bottom of the front page and never mentioned anywhere else. So many times I tell people elsewhere on-line to go to these message boards and they come back to me and say there aren't any, they can't find any link for them. They admit they never scrolled to the very bottom of the home page, beyond the testimonials and other stuff. They assumed that if it's not in the drop down menus at the top of the page it doesn't exist.

Excellent point, VeggieSue!!

I sure wish that the Discussion Board were mentioned once in awhile during Chef AJ's Dr. McDougall's visits and/or the Sunday evening McDougall gathering on YouTube. There is SO much helpful information from so many years on this Board.
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Return to The Lounge