INteresting You Tuber - Plant Chomper videos

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

INteresting You Tuber - Plant Chomper videos

Postby MINNIE » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:32 pm

I came across this while randomly visiting sites about plant eaters (or chompers ).

The presenter has an entertaining style and some really interesting interviews on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/PlantChompers?app=desktop
MINNIE

Re: INteresting You Tuber - Plant Chomper videos

Postby QubitBob » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:06 am

I am a huge fan of Chris MacAskill and his Plant Chompers channel on YouTube. I first became aware of Chris and his work about a year ago when another plant-based "channel", Plant Based News, featured some videos which were made for them by Chris. I thought they were so well done that I wanted to see more by him, and gradually over the last year I tracked down Chris and his own channel and videos.

As you mentioned, Chris has a very entertaining style. What I like about his videos is that they are incredibly well-researched and authoritative, but not dry. A prime example is the video (link, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtLNHvC4aUw ) in which he critiques Gary Taube's book, The Case for Keto. Chris, with the help of a professional scientist and "fact-checker", tracked down all the important references in Taube's book, including some books from the 1800s and 1900s. Chris found that in a number of occasions Taube misrepresents what the source originally said.

I highly recommend Chris MacAskill's Plant Chompers channel and videos for anyone interested in entertaining, yet authoritative, videos about the benefits of a whole-food, plant-based way of eating.
QubitBob

Return to The Lounge