another one of those posts

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

another one of those posts

Postby Grammy Ginger » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:45 am

It's ok if nobody responds.

Isn't it a lovely day! All the smoke has cleared from the Canadian fires. Liberty is a wonderful thing.

I enjoy plenty of delicious plant food to eat without standing in a bread line. I have enough clothing and a comfortable home. I may share my excess with those in need if I so desire. I choose where and in what type of dwelling to live. I grow what I want in my own yard. I gather, converse, pray, sing, make music, and dance with my friends and family without worrying about retribution. I have the strength and freedom to hike in the woods with my dogs, paddle my kayak on the lake, ride my bike, and do my morning version of yoga--ginjoga. I marvel at the beauties of the earth. I use technology to keep in touch with my dear ones. I am relatively safe compared to those in third world countries or dictatorships. I have the liberty to speak my mind without fear of being cast into jail or worse. I understand that with this liberty comes the responsibility to act with civility, restraint, generosity, and kindness. I read, write, and compute competently because of the free education I received and access to a free library. I may worship God how I see fit or not at all.

Freedom is empowering! Life is beautiful! I'm so happy that I now have the good health to live these blessings to their fullest.

Have a lovely day!
Grammy Ginger

Re: another one of those posts

Postby Idgie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:51 am

Back at you, Grammy! It is good to remind ourselves of all we have to be thankful for.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Langeranger » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:17 am

GG, you’re gratitude becomes you. Nice words.
Langeranger

Postby moonlight » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Thank you, GG, for the lovely reminder of what most of us have at our fingertips. I love your attitude! Is that from eating such an awesome diet?
moonlight

Postby Skip » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:56 pm

I often think of the kids in Yemen and the many injustices that exist in the world today as I live a life of relative safety and freedom. It's not right but there's not much that I can do about it. I'm sure I could do more to help but I don't .......
"The fundamental principle of ethics is reverence for life" Albert Schweitzer
Skip

Postby Grammy Ginger » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm

moonlight wrote:I love your attitude! Is that from eating such an awesome diet?

Oh, yes!! Absolutely! I was a raving lunatic and huge grouch when I ate chunks of dead animals and their secretions.
Grammy Ginger

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:03 pm

What a wonderful thing to read. I especially like the part about acting with civility, restraint, generosity and kindness. I wish more people practiced those behaviors.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby SilverDollar123 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Thanks for the lovely post! I am too am blessed with all of the above. RAS :nod:
SilverDollar123

Postby Mom+Me » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:55 am

Grammy Ginger,

I'm so glad you wrote "another one of those posts"; I love them...please keep them coming! We are indeed blessed, and all the more since we know of, believe, and follow this WOE. :) That's why a continuous, big, healthy heart-filled, "Thank you!!!" to Dr. & Mary McDougall, their staff, and all of the moderators, contributors, and readers of the Discussion Board.
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby Grammy Ginger » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:51 pm

You all are so lovely!
Grammy Ginger

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Thanks, GrammyGInger for sharing this wonderfully positive post. :)
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Return to The Lounge