Come flourish in Sicily- a soil-to-table program

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Come flourish in Sicily- a soil-to-table program

Postby drdaphne » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Greetings
I am a physician (author of The Jungle Effect) and I had the pleasure of presenting at the McDougall program last Fall. Dr. McDougall suggested that some of you might be interested in a course that I am offering in October in hidden Regaleali Sicily at the famous Tasca Lanza cooking school. I am co-teaching with a vintner and a chef and the focus is on the connections between "terroir" (soil, water, rock, sun, worms etc), our food and our physical health. (This is the subject of my forthcoming book.) The course includes some lectures, foraging, harvesting, hiking, cooking and, of course, eating and relaxing. Each person will have the option for some one-on-one time with me for menu planning. If you are interested, here is the link to the Terroir and Health Course:
http://www.annatascalanza.com
or contact [email protected]
Hope to see you there!
Daphne Miller, MD
drdaphne

Re: Come flourish in Sicily- a soil-to-table program

Postby f1jim » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:56 pm

I remember your presentation at the McDougall Advanced Study Weekend. It was interesting and enjoyable. I hope there are those that get the opportunity to see this presentation in Sicily. I'm sure it would make your words come alive in a beautiful part of the world. I hope you will again speak to us McDougallers in the future. Good luck with the new book.
Thanks
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Return to The Lounge