now I've fiddled around somemore with that avatar thing

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

now I've fiddled around somemore with that avatar thing

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:25 am

When I hit "Submit," it didn't say error, but it gave me a big list of "Warnings," so who knows what kinda trouble I've gotten myself into NOW :eek: .

But I wanna see if I accomplished anything...either good or bad, I guess, would be considered an accomplishment for this low-tech groundhog (g). :oops:
groundhogg

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:26 am

Oh cute...I managed to put a framed little bitty red X on for my avatar... :lol: ...now, am I hopeless, or what :D ...back to the drawing board, I guess. :-P
groundhogg

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:32 am

Okay, I did it again and the warning pop up there and then jump away really quickly like they think you're going to attack them all or something...big list that jumps onto your screen in a color that's hard to read, and then jumps back away into cyberspace so all you can remember is the bold word, WARNING, :eek: and then something about FAILURE :duh: and then the word STREAMING jumps out :crybaby: just as it all runs off into cyberspace again :mad: !

Oh well...I gotta say, this new board has given me many opportunities to sit down and have a little chat with myself :duh: ...I guess I give up again for now...at least until I have more of that...that...you know, stuff that comes in the cup and you aren't supposed to drink that :ninja:

Maybe I'll try again later! It's early :roll:
groundhogg

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:33 am

WAIT! :\ WAs that little framed red X always up there? :shock:

Oh, I gotta get away from here for a while...I think it's driving me NUTS :angry:
groundhogg

Re: now I've fiddled around somemore with that avatar thing

Postby VeggieSue » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:46 am

groundhogg wrote:When I hit "Submit," it didn't say error, but it gave me a big list of "Warnings," so who knows what kinda trouble I've gotten myself into NOW :eek: .

It's not you - that's the exact same thing that happened to me this morning when I tried adding an avatar of my own. No matter how I chose to do it - from a file on my computer or from another site - I got that whole list of errors. then it jumps back to the Profile page before I get a chance to copy the errors. One of them is "failure to open stream" and I saw the word "prohibited" a few times.
And I see it won't allow linkage to a graphic posted on Flickr, either, telling me the graphic must be jpg or gif. The picture is a jpg, it's just that Flickr's links to it end in a number.
VeggieSue

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:01 am

REally? I even changed mine to jpg or whatever the heck that is, instead of "All files" whtever...I might have these little words wrong, but I did change that on mine, thinking that might be the problem.

Hmmm...maybe something's just not working right :? at this point in the game, here.
groundhogg

Postby Patt » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:48 am

Hi Groundhogg

I had the same problem.

What worked for me was downloading the image to my desktop (resize it if it's over 6 kb). Then I went to www.imageshack.us and uploaded it there.

When you're done downloading the image to their site, they'll give you a list of hotlinks and other gobbledygook. The last thing on the list is "Direct link to Image" .

Cut and paste that address to your profile area in McDougall called "Link to Off-site Avatar" and hit submit.

Hope this helps
Patt

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:00 am

Well thanks...alright...gonna take a deep breath and TRY it again :eek:
groundhogg

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:04 am

:mad:

It told me the URL was not valid :mad: :mad: :mad:
groundhogg

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:08 am

OK, I went through all the steps again and this time it told me the file must be gif, jpg, etc....and well, it is...I thought!

This is driving me to drink (coffee) :mad:
groundhogg

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:14 am

Oh my lord! Now it's way too big!!!!!!! :eek:
groundhogg

Postby Patt » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:15 am

Hmmm...

The address you cut and pasted to the profile area... does it end with gif or jpg or what?
Patt

Postby Patt » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:18 am

:shock:
Patt

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:19 am

It's jpg., but I think I linked to the wrong one from my desktop! I need to try it again! :x
groundhogg

Postby groundhogg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:21 am

wEll, I put the smaller one on, and NOW it's back to nothihng!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
groundhogg

Next

Return to The Lounge