Hello everyone!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hello everyone!

Postby noodle » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:21 am

I'm new here and wanted to say HI! :D I am very computer illeterate, so I'll be figuring things out as I go I guess.

My family and I have been McDougalling for about 4 1/2 years now and we love it. We had previously tried the Hallelujah Diet, but boy, was it restrictive.

We love the good health we are enjoying: no colds or flu, and energy to pursue our interests.
noodle

Postby SandyW » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 pm

Welcome noodle! I'm fairly new to the boards myself and learning more and more every day about how to eat the McDougall way....it's definitely going to work for me. I am familiar with the Hallelujah Diet, and as much sense as it seemed to make at the time, there was just no way I could stick with something like that. This seems so much better...and you're proof of that because you've been doing it for 4 1/2 years! Keep up the good work. :)
SandyW
_______
"I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me." -----Alex Poulos
SandyW

Postby Puddy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:00 pm

Hey noodle. Welcome to the board. Isn't being healthy a great joy in life?

Your scripture quote is one of my favorites. :-)
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S.Lewis in Mere Christianity
Puddy

Postby Sunny » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:48 pm

Hi Noodle, :-D
Welcome to the board.
I have never heard of the Hallelujah diet, it's funny because when I tell people what I eat they think McDougalling is too restrictive. :? Go figure. :shock:
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Hi Noodle & Welcome!!

Postby phillyrv » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:58 pm

:D
I've been Mcdougalling for about 10 years now.
I haven't heard of the Hallelujah, either.
Again welcome!!! :D
Phyllis
phillyrv

Postby noodle » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:04 pm

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I have learned so much from reading all the great posts.

Yes, McDougalling is just so much more practical and enjoyable than anything else out there. It truly is a way of life, not a diet!
noodle

Postby Sunny » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:50 pm

I just looked up the Hallelujah diet and you are right it is way more restrictive :shock: YIKES !!! :eek: I don't know how anyone could do that long term. :?
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby joyfulmother » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:04 pm

Hi Noodle!! I am familiar with the Hallelujah Diet and was able to do it for awhile. I felt great! but yeah, well... Image
-Becky
I received a kidney transplant in 2010 and am working hard to fully reclaim my health.

My Blog: Plant Proud
joyfulmother

Postby PattyC » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:55 am

Welcome Noodle. I, too, love your scripture quote. Couldn't do life without Him.
Pat

PattyC

Postby noodle » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:20 am

Thank you for the welcome PattyC. Ps. 37:4 was on our wedding invitation back almost 25 years now. It's a very amazing and special verse to my husband and I. God is good!
noodle

Return to The Lounge