Look Out! I rec'd my cookbooks today!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Look Out! I rec'd my cookbooks today!

Postby SandyW » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:24 pm

I'm so excited to have received my cookbooks today...I ordered The New McDougall Cookbook, The McDougall Quick and Easy Cookbook, and then another one someone recommended called Vegan With A Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I should be set for a long time now with all of these recipes to try! :-D
SandyW
_______
"I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me." -----Alex Poulos
SandyW

You are good to go now...

Postby summermoonlynx » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:45 pm

you made excellent choices. Those 3 will keep you busy for a while. Have fun!
"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are" Talmud

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind" Robert Oxton Bolt
summermoonlynx

Postby Puddy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:09 pm

When you get all the McDougall cookbooks, another good one to have is Kitchen in the Clouds.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S.Lewis in Mere Christianity
Puddy

Postby SandyW » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:39 pm

Thank you, Puddy...I made a note of that and will check it out.
SandyW
_______
"I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me." -----Alex Poulos
SandyW

Postby noodle » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:05 pm

Oh boy, what fun - Christmas in Oct. :-)

The Quick and Easy is my favorite. My culinary skills are not the greatest, so this book really is simple and the ones I have tried all tasted great.
noodle

Postby SandyW » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:35 pm

Yes, noodle...it was like Christmas getting those cookbooks today! I will probably have more to put on my Christmas list by then along with a few other things for stocking stuffers such as the many different spices I'll be needing and whatever else...that will make my "Santa" happy because he never knows what to buy me. :-D
SandyW
_______
SandyW

Postby Jan Tz » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:58 am

"Kitchen in the Clouds" has some really terrific recipes in it. You won't want to miss that one!
Jan Tz

I Love cookbooks...

Postby Sunny » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:04 am

There are lots of great recipes in all the McDougall cookbooks :-D
I have seen Vegan with a Vengeance, does it have alot of good recipes :?:

Happy Cooking :D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby SandyW » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:34 pm

Yes, Sunny...Vegan With a Vengeance has over 150 recipes in it and they all look wonderful...and easy...from breakfast to dessert and everything in between. I have put the book Puddy recommended on my Christmas list...it's called Kitchen in the Clouds. For right now I have a great start with the 3 books I just got. I sure wish I would have known about McDougalling years ago, but at least I can do it from here on out! :)
SandyW
_______
SandyW

Return to The Lounge