Dr. McDougall has been passionately bringing these matters to the public’s attention for the past 15 years with landmark presentations on how we are eating ourselves to death and destroying planet Earth. The livestock industry accounts for at least half of the current climate problems, and one part of the solution can be instituted overnight: A Starch-Based Diet.
Dr. McDougall Speaks Out:
- An Inconvenient Truth: We Are Eating Our Planet to Death
- Human Health and Planet Health: The Same Solution
- California Fiddles While California Burns
- Al Gore’s Vegan Diet: The Power of the Individual
Climate change is so important, even TIME magazine devoted an entire issue to the topic.
“Our intent with this issue – only the fifth time in our history that we have turned over every page of a regular issue, front to back, to a single topic – is to send a clear message: we need to act fast, and we can.” Read the TIME article.
– Edward Felsenthal, the Editor-in-Chief and CEO of TIME
In addition, the McDougall Program has brought you many guest experts on Diet and the Environment by means of Advanced Study Weekends, Webinars, and Newsletters:
- A New Global Warming Strategy: How Environmentalists are Overlooking Vegetarianism as the Most Effective Tool Against Climate Change in Our Lifetmes. By Noam Mohr
- John A. McDougall, MD: Climate Change
- Richard Oppenlander DDS: Author of Comfortably Unaware
- William Ripple, PhD: Environmental Effects of Human Carnivory
- Robert Goodland: Diet Recommendations to Delay Global Warming
- Robert Goodland: Searching for Truth in Agriculture (excerpts)
- Melanie Joy, Ph.D., Ed.M: Carnism: The Psychology of Eating Meat