Starring: Jeff Novick, MS, RD, LD, LN
Nearly 3 hours of video on DVD — a full hour more than any of Jeff’s other presentations!
About This Program
How do you know which products to buy at your local grocery store? Which products are actually healthy? Which ones SAY they’re healthy, but in reality are just the opposite? Wish you knew an easy way to tell the difference?!
Well grab your notebook, pen and paper, and get ready to go to Shopping School, with your personal nutritional Professor, Jeff Novick!
The Professor is prepared to guide you through the treacherous grocery aisles and show you how to really read labels, and find the healthiest products available.
In this nearly 3-hour DVD course, Professor Jeff demonstrates how to apply the principles of label reading to brand name products available in many grocery stores. Learn what to look for, and most importantly — what to watch out for!
As an added bonus, Professor Jeff reveals his top 10 packaged foods recommendations, and why he thinks they are great!
“Fast Food: Shopping School” is the most important class you’ll ever take! Why? Because one you pass this class, you’ll have all the tools you need to make healthy choices and make sure you have a long and healthy life!
About Jeff Novick, MS, RD, LD, LN
Jeff Novick is truly a unique dietitian and nutritionist. His insightful and humorous approach to nutrition and health has helped thousands worldwide make the transition to healthy living. He holds both undergraduate and graduate degrees from Indiana State University in nutrition with minors in Exercise Science.
Jeff has taught nutrition classes at Indiana State University, Indiana University Medical School, the University of Miami Medical School and for the Florida Academy of Family Physicians and lectures at medical conferences around the country on a regular basis. While in Indiana, he created and taught the Nutrition Education Initiative, a preventive medicine curriculum for medical doctors, residents, and medical students. In recognition of this groundbreaking project, Indiana’s governor awarded him the Indiana State Public Health Excellence in Health Science Award, and Indiana State awarded him the Graduate-of-the-Last-Decade Award.
Reviews of Fast Food, Volume 3: “Shopping School”
- “The contents of this DVD were sensationally good. I learned how to judge foods by their labels, how to tell healthy from unhealthy foods as Jeff walked me through the aisles of a supermarket. The recommendation made on pasta sauce will easily pay for this disk. Highest recommendation.” …Sara H
- “Great DVD Jeff, you make it so simple that even I can do it! Actually looking forward to going grocery shopping today and starting Monday. Thanks again for a great DVD. For those who watch, print the pdf first.” … Todd N
- “The DVD is fantastic. I learned so much! Took 5 pages of notes and will watch again. Worth every cent and then some.”
- “Jeff Novick takes you on a shopping tour of a supermarket, aisle by aisle. Using some simple nutritional guidelines, he shows you how to read nutritional labels and select healthy foods. Do you know that olive oil contains 14% saturated fat? I didn’t. I also didn’t know how easy it is to make a healthy, low fat, low sodium pasta sauce. That insight will pay for the course many times over. These are but two examples of the astonishing amount of information contained in the course. This is an excellent product, summarizing a lifetime of effort on Jeff’s part. Highest rating.”
- “Jeff Novick ‘s DVD’s are awesome…this latest one…”Shopping School” is great. Jeff walks you through the food aisles of a grocery store and He tells you what to look for by reading the nutrition label. I have all of his DVD’s and have learned a great deal from them. If you want to eat healthy….buy it…”
- “It really is like being in a classroom and learning about how to properly shop for food. Even though I have been reading ingredient labels for years and carefully selecting what I put into my body, I still learned some new things. I would recommend Jeff’s Food Shopping DVD to everyone.”
- “My wife and I finished watching this video yesterday and it is absolutely fantastic. We’ve been waiting for this exact kind of information – SPECIFIC recommendations and guidelines on what to look for at the grocery store in many different categories of food. Thanks, Jeff. This information is so useful, and we had a great, healthy dinner tonight based on some insightful advice we learned on the DVD. I highly recommend this video. Oh, and the PDF document on the disc contains a really handy set of review notes that you can use to plan your next grocery trip. The Fast Food series has truly been a “game changer” for me. If there are any more to come, sign me up! “
- “My wife and I just finished Jeff’s latest DVD in the Fast Food series–“Shopping School.” The title does not do this justice. Imagine getting to spend nearly three hours with Jeff Novick in the supermarket, learning how he shops, and how he thinks. He becomes your personal guide, trainer, and mentor. He anticipates and answers questions, and provides helpful tips and heartfelt advice. I learned a lot from this DVD, and I’m not exactly a newbie. One of my new year’s resolutions is to lower my salt intake. This DVD arrived just in time to kick-start that effort! I didn’t realize how “little mistakes” were adding up until now. I’ve already made three specific diet improvements based upon his advice. Several more changes are in the works, including one which may save me the cost of the product back many times over! If you want to take your McDougall Diet to the next level, I highly recommend this DVD! Thanks, Jeff!
- “I enjoyed it immensely. Going into a health food store is like going under the yellow tape of a crime scene… the sodium, oil… sugar is inclusive in almost everything. it is a trip to get in and out without leaving a marked area for a future “healthy” body:) Jeff did a wonderful job.”