The McDougall Program’s primary intervention is a low-fat, high fiber, minimally processed, starch-based diet with fruits and vegetables. Every aspect of this lifestyle change will be taught in detail from the entire McDougall expert team of doctors, nutritionists, psychologists, personal trainers, chefs and support specialists*. The McDougall Program is the authority on diet therapy and has maintained this reputation for over 45 years. Trained under John McDougall, MD, our doctors will help you discontinue the use of unnecessary medications and avoid costly surgeries. The McDougall team understands the underlying cause of the diseases plaguing our society today. More importantly, we know how to reverse them. Through education and compassionate care, we will provide you with the tools needed to make positive changes to your health.
Click here to enroll for our next program.
Designed with daily life in mind, much of our 12-day program may be taken to fit each individual’s schedule. Each day will start with a morning check-in with your dedicated Support Specialist, followed by a live group chat with Dr. John and Mary McDougall to answer all of your questions. Live lectures during the morning and early evening will teach on a variety of health topics and allow time for questions at the end. Pre-recorded cooking demonstrations and additional videos by John McDougall, MD may be viewed at any time. Checkpoints and assessments throughout the course are taken at your own pace to reinforce the information presented and to ensure comprehension of the materials.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- MEDICAL CARE – Performed by McDougall Program Medical Director, Anthony Lim, MD, JD via Telehealth online:
- Initial Medical Intake and History
- Mid-Course Check-In
- Final Appointment
- ONLINE EDUCATION – A 12-day online course through Kajabi.
Interactive classes both live and recorded by John McDougall, MD, Anthony Lim, MD, JD, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN, Doug Lisle, PhD, Jack Dixon, NSCA, CPT and Heather McDougall on topics such as:
- Heart Disease
- Calorie Density
- Label Reading
- The Pleasure Trap
- How to Get Along Without Going Along
- The Importance of Exercise
- Overcoming Emotional Eating
- 10 Common Mistakes in Behavioral Change
- Functional Fitness
- Meal Planning
- Dining Out
- Handouts and Assessments to Support Online Learning
- Daily Morning Check-Ins: BP & general well-being checks with your Support Specialist
- Weigh-ins on the mornings before all doctor appointments
- Detailed, Personalized Menu Plan with Pre-recorded Cooking Classes to watch at your leisure
- Post-Immersion Support for one calendar year:
First three months – Weekly check-ins with your Support Specialist
Remaining months of the year – Monthly check-ins with your Support Specialist
Details include, but are not limited to:
- Menus and recipes included for the course are low-fat, whole-food, starch-based meals with fruits and vegetables and no added oils. Support Specialists will help you with questions you may have about the menus, recipes and/or cooking techniques and ideas to help you succeed at home. A food journal will be recommended of each participant to write down everything they eat and drink during the program. This will help Support Specialists recommend any modifications that should be made to ensure you meet your health goal(s).
- In-depth lectures by Jack Dixon, ACSM certified health and fitness instructor, on the importance of exercise and functional fitness.
- Lecture topics will include nutrition, medicine, behavior change, psychology and practical ways to apply this lifestyle.
- McDougall trained chefs will teach online cooking demonstrations during the program.
- Our board-certified medical doctors will meet with you three times during the program. Each patient will have an hour to spend throughout the program to come up with an evaluation of your current health and a treatment plan moving forward.
- A personal letter summarizing each patient’s health and medical issues, along with recommendations, will be sent to each person following the program.
Required Preparation for the Program:
- Participants will need to schedule two sets of blood tests (one at the beginning of the course and one at the end). Method and location of blood draw to be determined based on each participant’s home base.
- Participants will be required to report blood pressure, weight and fasting blood glucose (if applicable) every morning with their Support Specialist.
- We recommend reading The Starch Solution by John McDougall, MD before you begin the course.
What to Expect:
Through this intensive course, participants will receive a wealth of tools and support designed to help them make positive lifestyle and dietary changes under the guidance of a team of nutrition and medical experts. Each day is designed to meet the needs of someone desiring better health and overall well-being. With one-on-one medical care, daily lectures and cooking demonstrations, participants will have a clear understanding of what is needed to execute this very important lifestyle change. Support Specialists will facilitate this change by applying what the participant is learning from the program into the practical application of how this will work in their daily lives to achieve success. With support from our specialists, each participant will be encouraged to continue healthy behaviors and habits long after the program has ended.
January 15 – 26, 2021 *SOLD OUT*
February 19-March 2, 2021
April 9-20, 2021
May 14-25, 2021
July 9-20, 2021
August 13-24, 2021
Click here to enroll for our next program.
For any questions, or for help reserving your spot, please call 1-800-941-7111 or email email@example.com
New Attendees: $2,495 USD per person. Fee includes medical care, education, support specialists, group chats and cooking classes.
Alumni: $1,995 USD (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-941-7111 to book your special Alumni rate.)
Friends & Family: $1,495 USD (invite up to two guests at this special rate).
We welcome all members of the household to watch the presentations and lectures at no additional cost.
* Support Specialists are core staff members who have worked for Dr. McDougall’s Health & Medical Center for over 5 years. Trained by John McDougall, MD, Anthony Lim, MD, JD and Jeff Novick, MS, RDN, they demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the science and principles behind The McDougall Program. Each specialist also understands the emotional aspects of applying these principles in a practical way to help our patients achieve their goals in obtaining optimal health.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
Your payment is 100% refundable up until fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the Program start date. To cancel, please email email@example.com. If you cancel within fourteen (14) calendar days of the Program start date, you will forfeit $1,000 USD of your total payment. Once your training starts, your payment for the course is non-refundable. McDougall training begins once you have had your initial H & P (History & Physical) with one of our medical doctors and/or start your McDougall meal planning with one of our Support Specialists.